Did anything change since last year?

I can’t seem to track down the source of the changes, but my system seems to be watering a lot more than last year. No time at the moment to lay out all of my settings, but is there anything stupid or obvious that maybe I missed? I have areas of my lawn where I have mushrooms that I never had (a clear sign of too much water) yet I also have large areas that clearly aren’t getting enough (it’s been VERY hot here lately) - maybe it’s watering more because of the heatwave, and the ‘dry’ areas are simply not getting enough…

There shouldn’t be any major changes. Uniformity of lawn sprinklers may be at play here — have you done an annual audit of your sprinklers to make sure they are operating in top form with good overlap? I have to do this every 6 months or so since my heads like to go out of adjustment.

As for hotter days, since one Flex schedule by design only waters a zone once in a day (as needed), there may be times when you’ll need to water in the afternoon. On particularly hot days, the entire lawn root zone could lose all of its water through evapotranspiration. A supplemental water on such afternoons may be a good idea (say, for the usual duration of a Flex run so you know you’ve “filled” the root zone). I have a Fixed schedule that I turn on when there are consecutive days of 100 degree + temperatures to replenish moisture into the root zone. Otherwise for one-off days, I manually water from the comfort of my couch.