Device already found with same pin error

I bought this item used off Ebay and it appears it was installed before and now it wont let me install it again? That’s my guess anyways. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Sure thing, working with support on reviewing your account.

:cheers:

You should be good to go if you logout/login to the app.

Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!

I’ll PM you for more details.

Thanks for the quick response. Heinen is my landscaping company that installed the sprinkler system and devices. Is there a way I can have control of the device and they can view it from a supervisory role when they need to test anything?

Yes, if I delete the device you can re-add to your account and then use our shared access. You will lose any current schedules and will have to add again.

For sharing:

Would you like me to remove the device so you can add back?

Yes, please.

Device is removed, you will now be able to add to your personal account.

@Jason.nicolay, looks like your controller is up and running on your account. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with.

1 Like

I am getting same error.
Any idea how to fix this.

I have the same issue, Previous home owner left me the device when I moved in. Please help

Rachio has to reset it for you.

Welcome to the community!

Please send an email to Support@Rachio.com and we can take care of this for you. Please include:

• the Serial Number (starts with ‘V’ for Gen1, ‘VR’ or ‘CR’ for Gen2)

• your Rachio app username or email (if different from the one sending request)

We’ll open a ticket to get you squared away post-haste!

~Lucas :rachio:

1 Like

Same thing here. We bought house, previous owner had this installed. Cannot connected as it says “can not add existing device”. and i cannot find serial number. please help

@KoechlingFamily - The community is mainly populated by end users, who don’t have access to reset the serial number and account. I’d email support@rachio.com or call them - 1-844-4-RACHIO (1-844-472-2446).

The location of the serial number will depend on if you have a square Gen 1 controller (https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010543148-Quick-Start-Guide-Generation-1-) or a rectangular Gen 2 controller (https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010541448-Quick-Start-Guide-Generation-2-).

Here is the serial number location:

Generation 1 on the back of the front cover (starts with a "V" followed by 8 digits)
Generation 2 on the sticker to the right and just above your zone wires (starts with "VR" or "CR" followed by 7 digits)
1 Like