Dead Grass New Rachio, how to adjust flex schedule?

Hello,

I just bought a new home that came with the Rachio Gen2 System. For the first 2 months I had it on the fixed schedule so the new grass would grow better. I have since switched it to the Flex Daily Schedule. All 4 of my zones are in this schedule and I’m noticing it hasn’t watered my grass in about 10 days. I live north of Houston so it gets hot and sunny around this time. The grass is starting to turn brown and I’m worried that I do not have this setup correctly. Any tips?

I would start by posting your advanced settings here. That will help determine if it’s the settings for your zone or possibly a weather station issue

Sure thing you’ll find that below. If any of these settings look off let me know as I believe they are all default. I can also send photos of each zone if needed.

Zone 1
Shrubs
Fixed Spray Head
Clay Loam
Lots of Sun

Advance Settings
Area: 500 Sq feet
Available Water: 0.2
Root Depth: 15in
Allowed Depletion: 50%
Efficiency: 80%
Crop Coefficient: 50%
Nozzle Inches Per Hour 1.5

Zone 2
Warm Season Grass
Fixed Spray Head
Clay Loam
Lots of shade

Advance Settings
Root Depth: 9in
Crop Coefficient: 65%
Nozzle Inches Per Hour 1.5

Zone 3 & Zone 4 (This is my main concern as its my backyard with 0 trees currently.)
Warm Season Grass
Rotary Nozzle
Clay Loam
Lots of sun

Advance Settings
Root Depth: 9in
Crop Coefficient: 65%
Nozzle Inches Per Hour 0.7

@regtx, if you’re just getting starting on Flex you should work through a few things to start you off. I created this thread to give my recommendations. If you’re using the defaults for a lot of those zones I definitely recommend you take a look.

Definitely go through @azdavidr link to customize the zones. One other thing, you mentioned new grass in your first post. I think 9 inches for root depth is meant for more established lawns so I would reduce that

Agreed. New grass should be very shallow root depth. The deeper root depth is set, the longer the run times are, but they longer the intervals are between waterings. Not a good combo for newly established grass…