Cycle and Soak Glitch

I have two other controllers - a 20 yr old Rainbird with no Wi-Fi or smart features and a Rain Machine. Both of these follow a cycle/soak program whereby they can move from zone to zone to sequentially water and soak all zones on that schedule for that day. I am being told the Rachio does not have that capability ( to move on to another zone while the last one is in soak mode and then circle back to repeat for number of times scheduled). I was told I would have to have them on different days if choosing to soak for hours in between. this does not make any sense since an antiquated 20 yr old little box was designed to do it. If one has 8 or 12 stations, and doing as advised to give them their own days ( given that the soil [ soil] needs to have many hours in between to soak), there aren’t enough days to have them each come on each week, much less for 2 or 3 days in a week. this would be a fundamental programming flaw that has this system going back in time to when no one invented the programming feature of cycle and soak. I choose to believe I have been given wrong information and that the system can do it like the others. please advise where the error is. Thank you!

Maybe I’m not following, but if you have 2 grass zones in a schedule, Rachio will run both, cycle soak, then go back and run each zone. Process will repeat as needed until all run time is completed.

1 Like

Ty for the reply. I am trying to run different schedules on the same day like I do on my other controllers. As long as there are no two valves scheduled to be opened or closed at the same time ( one is in soak aka off mode) then the system should be able to turn on and off different valves on different schedules on the same day.