Continuous Watering For Evapotranspiration?

Is there a good way to set a schedule up that will continuously water throughout the day to account for evapotranspiration? I’ve currently got a morning, evening, and flex schedule setup, but I would like to have my irrigation system run maybe 5 minutes every few hours throughout the day just to keep the soil from getting too dried out on hotter days. I’m just south of the Rachio HQ, so I figured they would better understand the dry climate and continuous direct sunlight.

You could do something like a manual cycle soak schedule with a total duration of 40 minutes, cycle for 5 minutes, soak for three hours?

Will water 8 times, 5 minutes each time throughout the day. Something like that.

:cheers:

2 Likes

If I were to connect a moisture sensor in each of my zones, would they automatically be triggered based upon the allowed depletion ratio?

No, but if you want to roll up your sleeves and write some code you could automate with this.

I’ve already got my Rachio integrated into my Home Assistant instance, so I’ve already been thinking about how to set it up. I did setup the manual cycle soak schedule, and that should suffice until I can get some sensor out in my yard and build some automations for the evapotranspiration.

Side note: Thanks for being active in the community. I ditched my RainMachine (that was already pissing me off) for a Rachio after I passed by your office on 15th st and realized you were a local company. It’s good to know you guys actually support your product and aren’t just another Silicon Valley startup. My only worry is with not having a local API, but HomeKit is an alternative for now.

Yes! We love our community and our mission. We aren’t currently residing on 15th due to 2020, but still 100% local Colorado.

1 Like

“Due to 2020” is probably be best explanation for everything that I’ve seen at this point. First the pandemic, now downtown Denver is a warzone. This year is weird, and I’m glad you guys are still going.

2 Likes