I am in Dallas Tx, with about 3000sq ft of bermuda lawn and lots of sun for most of it.
My previous device was a Hunter Pro-C that ran for about 1:15-1:30 daily total for all zones
There are 11 total zones:
- 8 rotor/fixed head zones
- 2 flower bed/tree surround zones (trees are actually tagged as flower in rachio)
- 1 parkway drip line (drip under/in grass, between sidewalk/street)
I’m using a Rachio 2nd Gen, 16 station version.
When I create a Flex daily, Any days, End before sunrise, Smart Cycle, with Freeze and Wind skip, it tells me my optimal watering time is 5h 21m!!! 43m on a backyard rotor? 47m in my flower beds on bubblers? 57m on my front parkway drip? This seems pretty crazy… Thoughts?
I know I can reduce the total watering time at the top to be around my previous 1h15-1h30 or so, but I was hoping this would help me water even less (not the same and just control via wifi)… my grass & flowers are nice and green and blooming, so I can’t imagine I need 5h21m of watering.
- Warm season grass (Bermuda)
- Spray Head (Mix of ‘rotor head’ and ‘fixed head’ around lawn, mostly fixed)
- Soil Type Clay (Blackland - North Texas)
- Exposure - mostly Lots of Sun (wide open most of lawn)
- Slope - slight to flat depending
- Area inputted for each zone
- Available Water 0.15
- Root Depth 6in
- Allowed Depletion 50%
- Efficiency 70%
- Crop Coefficient 65%
- Nozzle in/hr 1in