Categories, Green Thumbs & Kudos to Rachio

I resent being lumped under the category of lawn nerds! I’m mostly a green thumb. I have never been referred to as a nerd. (At least to my face.) Geeky–yes. I suppose a category labeled Garden Goddess would be too much to ask. I’ll settle for equal billing–Lawn Nerds / Green Thumbs.:wink:

On another note, I promised to post some photos. Kudos to Rachio for allowing long-distance gardening!!
Recently, when drought restrictions were put in place, it was an easy matter to disable the schedules I was using and create another I labeled “Drought” to comply with the days we were assigned. I didn’t have to make any changes to the orchard since it was on a once weekly fixed schedule and the day allowed just happened to be one of the days irrigation is allowed.
Looking forward to apples in a few months.
Thanks Rachio!!!

6 Likes

Ok Garden Goddess is my new favorite :100:

and that apple tree is beautiful!

-Lo :rachio:

1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately the birds got more of the cherries than we did, but maybe we’ll have an apple pie or two!

2 Likes

Yay another orchard watered by Iro! Looks like quite a bounty is coming. We had ants attack a ripe fig very recently so got out the Tanglefoot goop. Unbelievably sticky stuff. Birds have yet to realize fruit abounds, thankfully.

2 Likes

Yep, Rachio has been taking care of our fruit trees since 2014. And doing a darned good job!

I’ve used Tanglefoot on corrugated cardboard around the trunks of the apples to slow down coddling moths. This year it appears we’ve got the upperhand. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Tanglefoot is unbelievably sticky!!! I resorted to “pre-gooped” sticky yellow cards to keep an eye on the bug population.

Mission fig? BTW, great avatar!

1 Like

That’s a great idea!

Black Turkey fig. This is our first crop off the tree and we’re stoked.

Wow! Enjoy. A friend has one and, wow! are they delicious!!!