Can’t figure out what I’m wiring wrong

So heres my old one and new one and the sprinklers are not working.

I can’t see all the labels on the old controller, but you have a black wire in the master valve/pump slot. Do you actually have either of those? If so, do you have that option selected within the app? Can you share the details of your master valve or pump relay?

Otherwise, the only thing that looks a bit “odd” is the black common wire. While it isn’t unheard of to use whatever wire is available, typically installers designate white for common wires. Are you certain that there are no additional sensors wired into the system that might be using the black wire back to common?

@Davidgar44 - I replied under your other post with other info. @tmcgahey reminded me of the rain sensor being wired in-line on the common wire. If it has rained recently and the rain sensor is wired into the common wire, that could be preventing the system from running. If you see a rain sensor or don’t get any resistivity down the white common wire and a zone, that is it.

My guess on the black common wire is it is paired with the master valve/pump start relay as it is black - albeit it looks like a different texture of insulation/cover.