Can Rachio 3rd Gen Do Better

Thank you, inkahauts, that’s very helpful. I appreciate all your time. While the shrubs around my house are on drip (wish I’d never changed it from the builder’s continuous soaker hose - it’s a pain to keep up with changes and be sure they’re working), the rest is on 5 zones, which includes a large mulched shrub/tree area and my wife’s “butterfly garden”, all of which are just watered with the lawn.

You mention that any rain over .25" (if it’s set to that) it takes into account in the calculation. I thought the rain setting was only to determine if it watered the next day/time, and did not affect how much it waters. If it modifies watering time (not just water or not water with normal time), that would be a good improvement.

As far as historical data, franz said “Our fixed schedules will adjust watering minutes monthly but it is based on historical weather.” Indicating if I couldn’t use the Smart schedule and wanted to set times, it would only use historical data, not actual. Is that not the case?

And is there a difference between “Smart watering” and “Weather Intelligence with fixed schedules”?