Can estimated flow feature be turned off?

I recently installed a Rachio G2 controller and cst flow sensor for a client. The flow sensor is working great and reporting accurate flow rates. My concern is that when the flow sensor quits working, the estimated flow data will supplement and we will not know which data we are receiving. I verified that this would happen by turning the point of connection off, running a station, and the estimated data feature registered flow. Can this feature be turned off to only gather sensor data?

Also, any beta updates for flow capabilites - real time flow samples, expected flow rate assignment by station for alarm reporting, etc? This would really change the game and corner the market…you’ve already achieved that with the wifi setup.

Great product!

Thanks,
Michael

@mv56, thanks for spreading the word about Rachio! We appreciate it. Are you a RachioPro?

Great to hear! CST makes good flow sensors.

Yes, this is a catch 22 to how the flow data is currently processed. We are exploring alternative ways to visualize and report flow data. Perhaps you’d be interested in connecting with our design team to share any ideas you might have?

Not currently, sorry. But I’ll pass along your pain point.

While I cannot confirm nor deny what we’re working on, I’d recommend you apply to be a beta tester. We’d love to get your feedback on designs as a contractor.

1 Like

Hi Emil,

Thanks for the response, see my comments below:

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 30, 2017, at 1:13 AM, emil community@rachio.com wrote:

emil emil Rachio Power User
March 30
mv56:
I recently installed a Rachio G2 controller and cst flow sensor for a client.

@mv56, thanks for spreading the word about Rachio! We appreciate it. Are you a RachioPro?

@emil I’m not, should I be? What are the benefits?

mv56:
The flow sensor is working great and reporting accurate flow rates.

Great to hear! CST makes good flow sensors.

mv56:
My concern is that when the flow sensor quits working, the estimated flow data will supplement and we will not know which data we are receiving.

Yes, this is a catch 22 to how the flow data is currently processed. We are exploring alternative ways to visualize and report flow data. Perhaps you’d be interested in connecting with our design team to share any ideas you might have?

@emil For sure.

mv56:
Can this feature be turned off to only gather sensor data?

Not currently, sorry. But I’ll pass along your pain point.

@emil Ok, yes this is very important to me to continue installing flow sensors for clients with this controller. I need to know 100% that the flow data we are receiving is from the flow meter and when it’s not working. The current setup does not allow for either.

Would setting the irrigated area (sqft) to 0 be a possible temporary remedy therefore not allowing the estimated flow data to complete its formula?

mv56:
Also, any beta updates for flow capabilites

While I cannot confirm nor deny what we’re working on, I’d recommend you apply to be a beta tester. We’d love to get your feedback on designs as a contractor.

@emil For sure, sounds good.

Visit Topic to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

You should! Benefits include leads for installations & repairs, customized training & marketing materials, and operational efficiencies for your business. Let me know if you’d like me to have a member of the sales team follow up with you.

In theory, it should – however, we require a value of at least “1” square foot at this time. As such, lowering the area to “1” would still alter the reporting to help see if the flow meter isn’t working…

1 Like

Just wanted to follow up to see if any new updates related to flow are coming up?

Hi @mv56-

While we are still exploring improving our support for different flow features, however I can tell you that they will most likely not be this watering season. I hope that helps, I am sorry I could not come with better news!

McKynzee :rachio: