Can Anyone explain this? 3 min or 10 min runtimes available

Using Google, to issue voice commands to run individual zones. My Rachio 3 is defined to SmartThings and it’s devices are visible to Google. “Hey Google, water zone 1” results in the expected 3 minute run time of zone 1. “Hey Google, run zone 1” results in a 10 minute water time.

Why is this? Can anyone point me to documentation specifics?

Have you tried telling it for how long to run?

Documentation is always a google search away: How do I use Alexa with my Rachio?

I do not have an explanation for the time difference. Unfortunately for us Google users, Google has a much shorter list of commands than Alexa according to How do I connect my Google Home to Rachio?

Yes I tried and the mention of a time causes Google to not understand command.

Wow, looks like Alexa got the deluxe integration! Unfortunately, I’m too deep into Google and SmartThings.

oh, jeez, my bad. I misread your question and thought you were asking about Alexa.

Actually I’m glad you mentioned it, decided to load Alexa to my phone and it works well! Will do a few more tests but so far it beats any Google workaround. Also read some of the “manual” threads and realized I missed how to run schedules manually.

So, things are looking up. A few more tests and I’ll cut over my lawn circiuts and all will be good. Wife can then run any schedule manually from the Rachio app and I can do the same with an Alexa command :+1:t2:

1 Like