Bad Credentials Logon Error

I have a Rachio Gen 1. I have an iPhone 4s with iOS 9.3.5 and Rachio App 2.9.2. In trying to logon I now get a Bad Credentials error. If I logon on with my later generation iPad with Rachio App v 3.3 it logs on fine using the same user name & password.

Once you’ve migrated to version 3.x of our app you can not use the older 2.x version of our app.

:cheers:

It would have been nice if Rachio had advised app users of that fact before offering the upgrade. As a result I can no longer use Rachio on my iPhone and am forced to upgrade to a newer model at substantial expense if I want to use it via cellular data rather than Wi-Fi.

Sorry for any confusion, I think you should still be able to use the webapp (app.rach.io) on your iPhone?

As a walk around you can always use the web interface “rachio.com” from your iPhone and select Login. You will see the same interface as if you were using the application.

Unfortunately, the web app doesn’t work on my iPhone either. All it brings up is the Rachio icon. No logon screen or anything else. The web app works fine on my iPad running iOS 11.

What is the iPhone model?

@BigAlT

Sorry for the confusion, the webapp is not supported on iPhone 4s. I apologize for any inconvenience. I’m glad that you can use the webapp on the iPad.

I am also having this issue. I just got a new iPad and downloaded the Rachio app. Once that happened, I couldn’t use my iPhone 6 app. It doesn’t support the new app and I can’t open rachio.com or app.rach.io.
I am not happy with the app on the ipad because I don’t carry that around with me. Is there any way to get back the use of the app on my iphone instead?

Your help is most appreciated.

@Bonnie

The app should work on your iPhone. Did you download the latest V3 of the app?

It said that my IOS did not support the newer version so the old one was downloaded.

Hmm…if you are on iPhone 6 you should be able to upgrade the phone operating system to support the app. I believe our minimum version is iOS 10.3. Will that be an option?

I currently have10.0.3. I don’t know if I can upgrade the iOS. If I do, the rachio app should work?

I believe that 10.3 is the minimum version of iOS we support. If you are able to upgrade the phone our new app should be able work for you. Hope this helps.

I don’t think I can upgrade the iOS. Does that mean I’m out of luck? No other options?

According to Apple the iPhone 6 is compatible with iOS 11 so you should be able to upgrade the iOS with no problem. Go to Settings, General, Software Uodate and you phone will check for & download the latest iOS. You need to be connected via Wi-Fi to upgrade the software.

If you do have an iPhone 6, definitely should be able to get the upgrade. Otherwise the phone isn’t an iPhone 6 or somehow got “rooted” or “jailbroke” and can’t upgrade over the air (stuck at checking for updates forever). Could try connecting the iPhone 6 via the Lightning to USB cable, launch iTunes, and try upgrading iOS there. Apple has plenty of support docs on how to do that:

https://support.apple.com/ios/update