I would like Rachio scheduling to provide:
- The ability to set run times at less than the current lower limit of 1 min.
- It would be nice to set increments of 30 seconds or less.
- A feature to schedule a “pause” for a period of time within the schedule.
- This would be much like a zone, but it is a “pause” zone that does not trigger any of the valves (while the air compressor is filling back up).
- Would need to include the pause multiple times in a schedule.
- The ability to set a schedule that allows for repeating a zone.
- Would need to be able to repeat multiple times in a schedule.
The example scenario for using this:
I can hook up my air compressor to the system, and I should be able to run each zone multiple times with recovery time in between while the air compressor gets back up to pressure.
Zone 1 runs 30 sec of air (since I have the water turned off), “pause” for 2 min to allow compressor to get back to pressure, then run zone 1 again for 30 seconds, then recharge for 2 min.
repeat as many times as necessary.
Run zone 2 for 30 seconds to blow out, followed by 2 min “pause” for compressor recharge.
allow setting to repeat as many times as needed, and for each zone.
This is a schedule I would run each year when it is time to blowout my sprinklers. This sure would be much nicer than sitting out in the sleet or snow (usually when i end up doing this task) just to turn the valves on and off as the air compressor is refilled.