Apple HomeKit No Longer Discovers Rachio 3 After Initial Attempt

I never knew that Rachio was HomeKit compatible, until I added my second controller and I noticed the “HomeKit” Setting near the bottom of the Controller Settings section.

I was able to add my new second controller and decided to add my original first controller. Initially, HomeKit was able to “see” the first controller and when I entered the HomeKit code into Apple’s Home app, it came back with an error and did not add it. Ever since then, Apple’s Home app no longer lists my first controller.

Both controllers have the same FW version of iro3-firmware-hk-5-632. The first controller is a 16-zone and the second controller is a 12-zone.

I’ve come across similar posts but those were at least several years old.

Hoping for a newer troubleshooting steps that resolve this issue.

Go ahead and look at the pinned topic on the community main page. Homekit is currently “not supported” after months and months of in depth work between Rachio, their chip supplier, and Apple.

Well this isn’t good news.

But then again, I didn’t even know it was a feature for the year I’ve had my first Rachio so it’s not a show stopper for me.

It would be nice to have it functional someday, but it sounds like this may happen only in the next hardware revision of controllers with a different chipset perhaps…

I’m not aware of where the issue was, but I suspect it may have had something to do with the chip manufacturer since I recall them being brought into the mix at one time. I also know that there were a number of manufacturers that ran into issues with some of the latest Homekit updates.