Apple HomeKit for iOS

@JGreg thats quite an update.

You seem pretty clueless as to how Homekit actually handles functions like keeping your doors locks, alarms armedā€¦baby.

1 Like

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/homekit/water_valves the code is out? also: Preview version new user system, Rachio cloud push and Lovelace goes wild:https://twitter.com/bmarks_dhgrafx/status/1015517400555454464?s=21

Actually, it seems like a lot of folks in this thread (which goes back to 2015) doā€¦ based on the number of ā€œpotential customersā€ that took the time to create a forum account here just to make their one post that basically says ā€œI wonā€™t buy a Rachio until it has Siri because Iā€™m specifically interested in how HomeKit securely communicates between the devicesā€.

2 Likes

Another month has passed and still not a peep as to what, if anything, is happening. @franz @mckynzee ā€¦ anyone ā€¦ anyone???

The eve device is now available to purchase from Apple ā€¦

apple hasnā€™t bought this company? (looking for answers :face_with_monocle:)

Hopefully, that hardware requirent can be handled by purchasing a bridge rather than Rachio 3 owners needing to upgrade their controller.

Also shopping for an irrigation controller that works with HomeKit. I would buy this today if it wasā€¦

As the troublemaker that started this post back in June of 2014 I am still holding out hope that we will one day see HomeKit support in Rachio. Frankly, at this point I would just be fine with ā€œwe have no plans of ever supporting HomeKitā€ instead of the ā€œwe have nothing to announce routineā€.

Sprinkler profile is out in public release. With iOS 12. No excuse now. Should have had beta test done and ready to roll out with iOS 12 release. Letā€™s see what they say now.

@06ajtayl - the sprinkler profile is just like the group Facetime chat. Apple announced it as a feature of iOS 12, but as of iOS 12.0 it isnā€™t in the released product. I did see where group Facetime is in beta 1 of iOS 12.1. Who knows if it will make the released version of iOS 12.1. Iā€™d keep my powder dry until the release notes for an iOS 12 version says the sprinkler profile for Homekit has been released/is supported.

well if true itā€™s apples bad (not unusual). Sprinklers not listed prior to ios12. Now listed.

@06ajtayl - Yep. Those graphics were posted in this community 5 days ago -

Gen 3 now offfers HomeKit. What about all of the Gen 2 users. What gives.

Hey @nkaw! Great question. Read below for more on Generation 2:

:rachio:

2 Likes

This is a nothing but a legal bait and switch scene from Rachio. They saw chamberlain doing it with the garage door but at least chamberlain gave their new hub away for free. Iā€™m disgusted by Rachios business practices and I Will never by another one of your products again. Shame on you all

1 Like

Hey @Toe7685!

We promise that we had nothing but good intentions with the HomeKit integration. We tried incredibly hard to make it work on the Generation 2 controllers, but ultimately it just wasnā€™t possible.

However, I plan to share your feedback with our team for further discussion. I apologize for the disappointment.

-Lo :rachio:

2 Likes

Chamberlain didnā€™t give me a free hub! They made me pay for it ā€¦ I did get about a $30 discount, but it wasnā€™t free!!

They sent a email to forums members and it was huge uproar. Hereā€™s chamberlains responses : ā€œall members who had joined the MyQ Community on or before 9/30/17 received an email re: this promotion at the start of the month. We hope youā€™ll become an active member of the MyQ Community and take advantage of any future promotions that you find valuable.
MyQ Community members who have already purchased a MyQ Home Bridge on or before 9/30/2017 can receive a refund by following this link https://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9Fw7QV0p2HmCC0J.

Please note ā€“ this offer is valid through 10/15/17 for MyQ community members with proof of purchase."