API support for Smart Hose timer?

@jprocket45 see note above: API support for Smart Hose timer? - #53 by chris

2 Likes

@chris I am sorry that I missed this, this is what happens when I donā€™t read all comments thank you for the update!!!

haha, no problem!

@lnjustin Weā€™re working out the details on the on/off, no duration feature now. More to come, but looking like we can make this happen.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to use IFTTT with my Hose Timer. Is this also dependant on API integration? Or is it possible to access the hose timer via IFTTT without API?

1 Like

Just setup two fo the Smart Hose Timers, great product!

Would love an api for Home Assistant access.

I bought two hubs to reach two diff areas so need to fill them up with another 6!

+1 api

Chris,
I would use the smart timers for some mist systems i have.
Basically would want small ā€œon/openā€ times.
It appears from playing with the app that i can do it so i guess my feature request is to not put a small limit on the api for the open time.
Basically, keep the ability to open for say 5 seconds thru the api when ready.

Thanks

1 Like

Oh no!

I just bought it, set it up, and now I canā€™t figure out how to use it in Homekit or Home Assistant. Are 1x of those not supported??

Iā€™ll have to take it apart and ship this back if it doesnā€™t work with something.

See note above API support for Smart Hose timer? - #53 by chris

Thank you for that.

I guess Iā€™m going to return this. Itā€™s useless for my purpose. I didnā€™t suspect that the valve wouldnā€™t work with HA while the Sprinkler system does.

1 Like

@chris any update on the timeline for the API?

@dloftis weā€™ve begun work on it and will be releasing an Alexa integration, Google Home integration and public API support in the fall (probably October time frame).

6 Likes

This is very disappointing, and changes my opinion about Rachio. I bought the device because I saw there was an integration in Home Assistant. I did not suspect that it did not apply to the hose timer.

Iā€™ll be patient for another month or two, but if API support does not come by then Iā€™ll be trashing the unit and buying something that actually fits into my plans.

1 Like

There must be a good reason for this.

@chris, weā€™re a pretty technical crowd. Mind filling us in with the challenge that your dev team is facing?

Time and resourcing. Itā€™s not a technical challenge. Weā€™re on track for the October launch as I mentioned before. Thanks.

3 Likes

Still on track for October? Will it be early, mid or late October?

1 Like

Hey @MechEng! We are better than on track for our late October release date. We are ahead of schedule! I am pleased to announce that weā€™ve published our beta API documentation for Smart Hose Timer.

You can find it in the same place you find our irrigation controller documentation. Check out the Rachio Smart Hose Timer section. Smart Hose Timer Data Objects is a good place to start

As a reminder Rachio does not officially offer customer support for our open API. This is to say that Rachioā€™s Customer Support team doesnā€™t offer specific API information or troubleshooting. With that in mind, if anybody has questions or issues related to Smart Hose Timer API you can ping me in this thread. Iā€™ll reach out to our Engineers, but you should expect a 48 business hours response time.

Please post any feedback or feature requests in this thread, also. Is there something specific that you want to do with the API that isnā€™t available? Iā€™d love to hear about it.

5 Likes