Found the valve and determined the pipe was pinched by some roots.
BUT to really close this out I made the decision to completely replace my sprinkler system from the rachio out. It was installed several decades ago, needed yearly adjustments, was a total mess of sprinkler head types, and the zones were less than ideal. It was quite an investment to do it, but well worth it. If you decide to do this here are some things I learned:
Go all the way. Some of the companies that bid on the job wanted to try to reuse existing pipe. Ultimately that would have just ended me up in the same patching situation I was in before.
The company I went with used a large trenching machine and finished the job in the day. Yes it tears up the lawn but it has rebounded well.
I had the utilities marked but I did not do a good job of marking some of my low voltage lighting and several breaks were made. Make the effort to do this as any unmarked wiring will not be fixed by the company doing the work from what I can tell.
If your local water company provide rebates read carefully and submit promptly.
Next year I plan to adjust my landscaping to require less watering.