Alexa-Rachio link dropped, cannot relink

My Amazon Alexa app (with Rachio skill enabled) has worked fine for over a year and allowed me to control my Racho Gen 2 thru Alexa. Today, all rachio requests caused alexa to say You must have a roachio account linked to your amazon account to use this skill, please link them in the Alexa App.

I did link them again as requested, yet the alexa skill still would not work … same message. Tried this several times.

Finally I Disabled the skill in the alexa app and then relinked the accounts. finally this worked.

I suspect the the alexa app uses Oauth tokens to access the Rochio account. When this token expires, it APPEARS that the alexa app continues to use the expired token instead of getting the new one that would have been created with a Relink request.

Suggestion: when the app detects a failure to connect to Rachio and a relink is attempted, the old token should be deleted first so that a new one can take it’s place.

Any updates on this? Have not had any replies. I continue to see others posting about tokens that had worked for a while and then suddenly stopped working with Home Assistant and other apps.

Had the same issue as OP. Last year app worked with Alexa, however not this year. Alexa responds with “…you must link your Alexa account to your Rachio account”. I tried several things to no avail and then disabled the Rachio account in the Alexa app.

In the IOS Alexa app (on 2 different devices iPhone 16.5.1 and iPad 16.4.1(a)) states “Account linking required. Tap Settings.” Tapping settings, I then choose “Link Account”.

Now this is where I have a problem… the window that opens is completely BLANK! I believe that I should be seeing boxes to enter Username and Password but have nothing to work with.

Please Help

Update… It dawned on me to try linking accounts using Android. So pulled out an old android phone and gave it a go. Other than the time it took loading up an app on a painfully slow old phone, everything when well. Alexa and my Rachio3 are on speaking terms again. :smile: