Advice on retrofitting indexing valve

Just purchased rachio…setup with my indexing valve as phase 1. Works great. Now I want to swap my indexing valve out so I can control each zone. I have four zones. If you look at the picture my original thought was to remove the indexing valve and put a four zone mainfold in that spot. My concern is that it will be a tight fit. It’s 16.5 inches from main supply pipe to the wall. Other option is to move the anti-siphon valve over to the left to give more room for the zone valves (I’d probably also remove the master control…unless there is a good reason to keep). The closer the anti-siphon valve is to the wall the better as it’s hidden and this is right by the walkway to the front door.

Here’s the current layout: https://goo.gl/photos/tVYe4gQPtvqjCquw9

So questions are:

1. Any thoughts in overall layout…ideas I haven’t thought about or things I should do
  2. How much space to I need for a four zone manifold
  3. Any benefit of keeping the master valve especially on that side of the anti-siphon valve

Thanks!

You have me stumped. What is an index valve? I see a Rain Bird DV valve, but that is just a basic zone valve. I am shocked to see the anti-siphon valve since they do not meet the national plumbing code for backflow protection. Maybe it’s different for DIY. But plumbing inspectors here would not allow them. Just pressure vacuum breaker or reduced principal device are allowed.

@robertokc FWIW here’s what an indexing valve is → http://support.rachio.com/article/339-compatibility-with-indexing-valve-systems

I’m pretty sure it’s an Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker which according to the county:

Can an atmospheric vacuum breaker be used on lawn sprinkler systems?
Yes, if these are properly installed, they will protect the potable water supply. The device shall be
installed 6" above the highest sprinkler head and shall have no control valves located downstream
from the device.

Although I’m pretty sure it’s 6’’ off the ground not from the height of the highest sprinkler.

Which btw my problem is that I will have valves located downstream…so probably need to swap with PVB.

Absolutely frightening that your locale would allow an anti-siphon valve. They have been outlawed for more than 30 years in most states. They do not protect against backpressure hence are a hazard to our drinking water supply. From a cost standpoint, if you use this awful device, you must have one for every zone. Smarter choice is to install one brass pressure vacuum breaker that protects the entire system. You only need one.