I have never had an irrigation system but I have thought of installing one for several years. I was looking for advice and confirmation on a few items and saw a lot of active users in this community who seemed quite knowledgeable and was hoping for some assistance.
Below are the components being quoted for installation:
- Rainbird 1800 Series Mist Spray Sprinkler Heads
- Rainbird Electric Solenoid Valves
- Rainbird Wifi Link Module
- Wired Rain Sensor
- Is my assumption that all of the above items will be compatible with the Rachio correct? I didn’t see this specific rain sensor covered but presume it is in the “standard wired rain sensor” category and thus it will work with the Rachio even though I know the Rachio doesn’t need the rain sensor?
- How many of you feel the rain sensor is still worthwhile given weather forecasts may not be as precise compared to an actual rain sensor and using Rachio’s intelligence of predictive forecasts and all the other variables it factors in? (Live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada if that matters for weather accuracy) (assuming rain sensor plus Rachio adds the best of both worlds (predictive and reactive/highly localized)
- Is the above hardware solid and good quality?
- Any opinions on the Rainbird Wifi module? My potential installer doesn’t offer either Rachio or Rain Machine control systems so trying to understand difference and if it is worth doing it myself and not buying the wifi module from Rainbird.
- Any other advice you can provide (or things I should confirm with the contractor) to make the best decision for a fairly significant investment?
9 – Rain Bird, 4” spray head
21 – Rain Bird, 4” rotor
9 – Rain Bird, 1” solenoid valve
1 – Rain Bird, rain sensor
Thanks in advance,