Additional Flow Sensor Support Flowmec QS200

@franz Has your team thought anymore about adding a K and offset setting for flow sensors? This would be a nice addition for anyone that does not have the 3 types of flow sensors that you support.

1 Like

What is the

make
model
kfactor
offset

@franz HERE is a cut sheet from the manufacturers site that has info for 1"-4" on page 2. I also posted this chart in my initial request at the beginning of this thread.

This is what I have:

make: Flowmec
model: QS200-10 ( 1" )
kfactor: 0.5386
offset: 0

Thanks! :beers:

Ok, will roll that out today. Adding an additional meter so this was an easy addition.

:cheers:

@franz Awesome! Thanks! :beers:

@franz IMO to make the flow sensing a bit more vendor agnostic, adding the K and offset to the ‘custom flow sensor’ setting checks a ton of boxes you didn’t even know you needed to check. This most likely will make your controller more valuable in the commercial market.

:beers:

1 Like

And thanks again!

Here are the K factors for 1.5",2",3" & 4" if you’d like to add those as well:

QS200-15
K = 0.7926

QS200-20
K = 1.3765

QS200-30
K = 3.8444

QS200-40
K = 7.1676

All have an offset of 0.

FLOMEC has a QS100 that is a more cost-effective solution to irrigation flow sensing.

I am the Director of Meters at FLOMEC, and I would be happy to donate a QS100 and a QS200 for Rachio to test. Just let me know.
Regards,
Jim Peterson

^^ this is an excellent suggestion to allow users to enter K values and offsets. Seconded!

@franz There is a Flomec QS100 with good low-flow sensitivity. Possible to add this one?

Thank you…!

Hi,

We are getting inquires about Rachio adding our other ultrasonic sensor line sizes for our QS200 and QS100 ultrasonic flow sensors. Could the following flow sensors be added to your sensor dropdown list?

• FLOMEC QS200-15 (K-Factor = 0.7923, Offset = 0.0000)
• FLOMEC QS200-20 (K-Factor = 1.4610, Offset = 0.0000)
• Our new FLOMEC QS100-10 : (K-Factor = 0.4211, Offset = 0.0000)

@franz

Any chance you are about to update the app and could add this QS100-10 flow sensor as a selection option? This would really help me out for my installation as I have already plumbed the sensor without knowing that the Rachio app doesn’t currently semphasized textupport it.

As an alternative you could add the custom sensor input capability so users can create their own sensor with custom Kfactor and Offset values?

Flomec
QS100-10
K = 0.4211
Offset = 0

Thanks in advance!

I would not hold your breath on that one … I asked for this two years ago. :roll_eyes:

@ronjonp I was hoping this was the gentle nudge that would get it implemented. I am hoping that @franz or @mckynzee will help us all out by implementing the vendor agnostic custom sensor Kfactor and Offset values to be in the app. But I suspect this may also require controller firmware that is not implemented. So, I will take what I can get. :slight_smile:

@edfetzer
I would hope so too … not even the custom setup just add all the sizes for the QS100 and QS200 sensors. All the info is in this thread but it’s a bit of a blackhole. I find it strange since they ( Rachio ) are usually very responsive to requests. @franz I can’t imagine that adding another ~6 entries to supported meters is that hard to implement ?

I have a number of stations running 50mm rural poly with hunter gear sprinklers watering a large area of lawn. I have installed a Flowmec QS200-20 but there is no way to select this in the menu. @franz can this please be added and pushed out as an update using the K factors @ronjonp has included in the post above?
Thanks

@DownSouth

Maybe if I post them again this will get updated. It’s really sad that this has been ignored for years now. :expressionless:

QS200-15
K = 0.7926

QS200-20
K = 1.3765

QS200-30
K = 3.8444

QS200-40
K = 7.1676

All have an offset of 0.

Bumping this again. Hopefully this is a relatively simple and quick fix @franz to add the support for additional Flowmec models with the settings @ronjonp has listed in this post.

I have paid good money for the Flowmec QS200-20 and it is unusable in Rachio at the moment. Appreciate if this could be looked at and possibly included in the next release.
Thanks

@ronjonp @DownSouth Christmas early this year, the settings are now available for these flow meters.

Thanks for the feedback and have a great week!

:cheers:

Love your work @franz !!
Thanks @ronjonp for the collaboration and in helping getting this feature added. Just made the changes in my app and it works a treat!