Added a flow sensor - Question about Features

I’ve been using my Rachio 3 for a few weeks now, and so far I’m very happy with how it performs. I recently added an EveryDrop wired flow sensor, and it’s working well, but there are a few things I’d like to do with it, and I can’t seem to figure out if it’s possible in the Rachio software.

1. If high flow is detected, it’s assumed that there is a leak, and it will shut down watering. With low flow, though, it only sends a notification. My irrigation system is fed from a large rainwater harvesting system followed by a pump. The only way I will have low flow is if the tanks are empty or the pump is having mechanical problems (or I forget to open a valve). In all cases, I’d need to shut down the pump to protect it from damage. Is there any way to do this in the Rachio software? If it can shut down watering in a high flow situation, there has to be a way to do it with low flow, too.

2. Since I have a flow sensor installed, the software “knows” exactly how much water is being used for each zone, but I can only find a way to set the watering duration for each zone by minutes; I’d like to set it by gallons. I can do the math myself, but I feel like this should be possible in the software. Rather than setting a zone for 10 minutes of watering per day, I’d like to set it for something like 2 gallons per day instead. Is this possible, or do I just need to do the math myself when I’m setting up the schedules?