AcuRite support is being tested at beta.wufyi.com, coming soon to wufyi.com

Is this the interface that allows you to pull from WU without needing an API key?

Alas, it was. I guess because they couldn’t monetize it, they’ve killed it instead.

To be specific, it was just one of three methods I discovered, but it was the most stable one.

1 Like

Ok, I guess I should have been more patient before assuming the worst (file not found error threw me off).

For now beta’s wu updates are back to using the last week’s method, but I am working on adding an API support to fill in the downtime other methods apparently experience.

Sorry guys to for the roller coaster of emotions last night, just got disappointed to see what was a rock steady data source suddenly disappear…

Gene

2 Likes

Hello Gene,

Any chance you may share your method for working directly with AcuRite? My bash script has been generating worse and worse outdated data using my WeatherUnderground API. Looking to change and don’t want to add load to your service if I don’t have to.

Thanks!

PM sent.

2 Likes

Awesome help. Thank you Gene.

Gene, is this working on the new Acurite Access hub? If so is there a different setup?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes, new access hub and even their new Atlas pws are both supported. Let me know if you run into any issues.

2 Likes

Hi,
I just discovered this and have tried to get my Acurite Atlas working but it seems the beta.wufyi.com and wufyi.com websites are not accessible by the public right now. Do I just need to contact them or wait until the public can use the site again?
Thank you

Depending on what you need, I’ll still be happy to help you get your data to pwsweather and what not, but it is no longer necessary as both AcuRite and your Rachio controller support weatherunderground network natively. If you were able to get your Atlas data to wunderground.com, you should see it as an option on Rachio map within a week or so (after it passes WU’s qc testing). Have you been able to connect to the WU network?

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I don’t have a Rachio Controller although I have looked at the watering controllers and may get one in the future. I was hoping to get my data to PWS if there is a way to look at historical data there for years back. Weather Underground and MyAcurite do not store a lot of historical data. I am currently trying to get Weather Display to work with my Weather Underground PWS but haven’t been successful yet.
I would like to find a way to store and display my historical data locally at some point. If I cannot find a way to do it with my Acurite Atlas I may get a Davis Weather Station.
Brad

Ah, no worries. I’m happy to help regardless of your irrigation needs :wink:
I’ll ask for relevant info via the private message, otherwise feel free to contact me via staff@wxfyi.com if you don’t see my PM.

I almost purchased a Rachio controller awhile back but it does mean a lot of work putting in the irrigation which I was going to do myself. I currently use 4 station hose timers but would like something more robust.
I thought Weather Underground did not store much historical data but it looks like it does so the only thing I would need is to be able to download and view it locally. I am not sure if PWS would be better for that or not.
My Acurite device MAC is 24:C8:6E:0A:64:65. I can try and set up PWS but will get in touch if I have problems.
Thanks again,
Brad
Edit:
I was wrong about historical data on Wunderground, I didn’t realize it took me to a Santa Rosa Weather Station when I clicked on the History tab.