8 Zone unit availability?


#1

I finally received a Rachio 1st Gen for Christmas and I am so excited to get on board. However, since I have no need for a sprinkler system for at least a few more weeks, and in light of the Gen 2 release, I returned it with the intention of purchasing the Gen2.

I have only 5 zones, with an option to add another at some point. I have read that you will be releasing an 8 zone unit sometime, but do you know when this can be expected? I just want to be realistic with my expectations, and if its not in the plans, I would like to know.

Thank you!


#2

We are actively working on 8 zone, it’s looking great, will be ready by Spring!

:cheers:


#3

Thanks for the update! So by “spring” do you mean March 20, as in the first day of Spring, or just Spring in general? :wink:


#4

We have a date we are tracking to, but I hate to give hard dates out, since hardware is hard.

Let’s just say we are targeting early Spring.

:cheers:


#5

I completely understand. Thanks for putting up with my annoyingness. I will keep an eye out for that release. Thanks!


#6

Is there a tentative release date for the 8 zone gen 2?


#7

@Ericm @CH-Johnson, we’re still tracking for a spring release. So anytime between now and the first day of summer :wink:


#8

We just submitted our app to the Apple store to support Gen 2 and the manufactured 8 zone units are looking good. Barring any unforeseen roadblocks we are targeting April.

The team has pulled off a Herculean effort to make this happen, we are very excited for it to start selling!

:cheers:


#9

Thanks for sharing this information , i am eagerly waiting on the 8 Zone , generation 2 version. very much keen in saving water utilizing Rachio technology. is there a mailing list we can get by for the product or keep checking the community for updates.


#10

I will definitely post here when it is available :wink:

:cheers:


#11

I am a new user, well will be when the system is installed Saturday. I am about to purchase the Gen 2 16 zone unit at my local HD but I am reading a newer version with 8 zones is near. Should I buy a cheap get me by controller for now and get the new 8 zone unit “this spring”? I would hate to spend $250 on the 16 zone (only need 6) and the newest unit comes out next month. Any advice would be appreciated.


#12

IMHO I would wait :wink:

Barring any unforeseen roadblocks we are targeting April and the software to support it is already finished.

:cheers:


#13

Thank you for the response. That was my original thought since it’s so close. Any suggestions on a controller that will get me by in the meantime?


#14

Soon to be new customer, looking forward to this!!!


#15

Will there be a new outdoor mount for the 8 zone, or will the 8 zone fit in the mount for the 16 zone as well?

Thanks


#16

Identical enclosure. Gen 2 8 zone has same shape as 16 zone, just half the zone connectors and some other minor details.

:cheers:


#17

Franz, the 8 zone Gen 2 when will be the release date? I’d like to purchase it now so I can get the rebate and complete for this months project.


#18

:cheers:


#19

sorry didnt see was avail cant figure out how to delete post