2nd Gen - 16 zone wifi

Hello - I purchased the 2nd gen about 5 weeks ago. Easy setup, worked first time. Nothing has changed anywhere on my wifi. Service is good. I’ve been runnning the irrigation system from the app and everything was great until two days ago. Started blinking the second light. Instructions say to reset, so I step through the process. It reconnnects and can than start using this system as normal like the previous 4 weeks. Then it disconnects again. I’ve repeated the process now three times and this morning it is disconnected again. Amazon prime return expired 3 days ago of course. Anyone have any ideas?
I appreciate your thoughts.
DM

@Cacciato - run the RouteThis app and send the code it generates into Rachio support and see if they see anything on the network that is unusual.

My typical questions are:

1. Are both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi networks available - if so different SSIDs for each band?
  2. Mesh network - if so which one?
  3. Network extender in use (I have one - so they work)?
  4. WEP disabled (Rachio doesn’t support it)?
  5. How recent was the WiFi router manufactured?
  6. Current WiFI router patches applied?

Rachio stands behind their product - they have a two year warranty.

@DLane Has great troubleshooting tips. If you run the below and PM the code to me I can work with the success team and see if anything obvious (other than above that @DLane has provided).

:cheers:

I’ll have to do that this week. It’s just annoying to me that it works great for several weeks and then just one day bam it doesn’t.

@Cacciato - my Gen 2 and Gen 3 have hung in there even on a network extender and don’t drop off. They should be rock solid.

@Cacciato If the hardware is defective (after network troubleshooting) we stand by it and will exchange.

Code
DEXVPMRP

Are both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi networks available - if so different SSIDs for each band?
TC8717T09-5G
TC8717T09

Mesh network - if so which one?
No

Network extender in use (I have one - so they work)?
I purchased a wifi extender called Dootoper Ac1200. It is not installed yet.

WEP disabled (Rachio doesn’t support it)?
Not sure yet.

How recent was the WiFi router manufactured?
Not sure yet.

Current WiFI router patches applied?
No

I also downloaded Dr Wifi and tested tc8717T09 at the controller. Ping was 108, Download 9.25 and upload 4.01Mbps. At the router 37/9 Mbps. 191 ping. Ping is way high on that channel. I normally use 5g and that seems to be much fast across all of these numbers.

That code was for your 5G network which the Gen2 does not support so I was unable to glean anything useful (assuming that is the network your phone attaches to). I usually start with updating the router to latest firmware as a start. Our customer success team is really good at helping customer’s troubleshoot WiFi network issues. If the controller still won’t connect or stay connected I can get you directly in touch with them

1 Like