What is on tap for next year?

@EIEIO, do you have a camera setup to keep an eye on the pups? If so, we might be able to use this IFTTT recipe :wink:

1 Like

+1 for Weather Underground PWSā€™ā€¦the ones in my neighborhood in the rachio app are few/far between and unreliable. On weather underground there seem to be a lot more.

1 Like

1 - flow sensor integration / comparison to calculated values

2 - Better display of calculated flow rate per zone

3 - Scheduled watering times shown properly on web (smart schedule split) along w/ totals for each zone. Possibly gallons as well.

4 - Totals for each zone listed on the app when reviewing the schedules (with regard to smart schedule). Gallons as well.

1 Like

Wish #1

I use my Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus and a meteohub to send my data to WU and PWS.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=38.816%2C-77.099&sp=KVAALEXA13

http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/KVAALEXA13.html

Wish #6

You can send your gardener a link with limited access.

We do support PWS, are you not seeing your station?

We already have this feature, is this what you were looking for?

http://support.rachio.com/article/342-landscaper-access-new

:cheers:

Franz,

Perhaps I didnā€™t reply correctly to a poster. I was trying to let a member know that the features exist and that Iā€™ve been using them. thanks for the quick response though.

Ah ok, and here I was thinking your wishes were already answered :wink:

:cheers:

@brkaus, could you expand on this wish? Are you requesting a different way to configure & setup custom nozzles? Or is this related to reports?

Are you referring to the My Yard card on the web app?

Hereā€™s the same view on mobile (iOS)ā€¦

Are you referring to the differences in zones 2 & 3?

Are you looking for zone watering durations for Flex schedules? If so, follow these steps to edit your Flex schedule watering durations:

1. Go into the Watering Schedule card, select Edit Watering Schedule
  2. Select the schedule youā€™d like to review. Scroll down to Zones and tap on the white area that reads ā€œLast Updatedā€¦ā€
  3. The zones will drop down and you can edit the durations for each. For details, please see this support article.

Sounds like youā€™d like to see estimated gallons used per watering listed as well? Sorry if Iā€™m misunderstanding your request.

Yes, there are several ways I can spend $100+ on still more gear, so that I can upload to services other than WU. (in fact there is an entire thread of discussion on this issue here: Using WUnderground.com to integrate Personal Weather Stations - #67 by Ashishnarang ) The point it, Iā€™d rather not. Iā€™ve already spent $300 on a really nice weather station, and $250 on an internet connected sprinkler controller, and itā€™s already automatically updating the #2 source of weather on the internet (and probably the #1 non-commercial source other than US Govt sources): Weather Underground. If Rachio could just read from there, Iā€™d be set without having to spend another $100 or so (perhaps less for some DIY solutions that require a lot of work, but thatā€™s not the point) just to upload my weather data to a different location.

As to the gardener issue, I guess you didnā€™t read all the subsequent posts discussing why the current limited access implementation doesnā€™t work in a lot of situations. (such as non-technical gardeners)

@brkaus, could you expand on this wish? Are you requesting a different way to configure & setup custom nozzles? Or is this related to reports?

Yes, one possibility would be on the edit tab -

Growing XXX in YYY on a ZZZ slope
It gets AAA and used (sprinkler type).
Zone calculated to use XXX GPM

I was referring to the Schedule ā†’ Select a Day ā†’ Select a Schedule. On the iPhone app it shows the soak period if I recall correctly.

My other request was to basically show gallons in addition to time on the schedule. Basically, Iā€™m very cost sensitive with our water prices and total gallons is as interesting as duration to me.

Thanks for the other link on flex schedules. I had read that a few weeks back, but couldnā€™t find it again.

Thanks for the link to the limited access sharing. The limited access share link would work in conjunction with an old wifi smart phone/pad. Enough to help me anyway. Not sure what other options would be available in a cost effective mannerā€¦ Need to keep thinking about this one.

HomeKit integration.