Here's a summary - no need to go to the beginning: What's the contest, what's the prize, who's entered at the moment, what the rules are, and what the 'fine print' is.
All items are 'touched up' here. This posting is now the 'official' contest posting.
Have some fun predicting what date Rachio Iro V3 'goes live' to the general public. Rachio may announce Beta Period 2, Beta Period 3, Beta Period XX, a list of features coming, or anything else of a marketing nature, but, the contest winner will be someone amongst all of us 'don't know what's going on behind the curtain' users who has the closest date guess to the actual, first day V3 is rolled out to the masses.
Four 60W equivalent 9W LED lamps, commercial quality, warm color temperature to match traditional tungsten lamps, omni-directional, over 50,000 hrs run time capability, 5 year warranty, meeting the latest version 2 Energy Star requirements, and manufactured by Earthtronics (private label manufacturer for Philips and Sylvania).
I'm in the commercial LED lighting business. I have these lamps on the shelf, off to the side, labeled with shipping instructions to the eventual winner here.
Here's the updated contest entry list:
plainsane = Aug. 1st
preilly44 = Aug. 14th
Linn = Aug. 28th
a0128958 = Sep. 14th
Marainwater = Sep. 21st
Jazzer = Sep. 26th
ghctim = Sep. 29th
jim_gately = Sep. 30th
Modawg2k = Oct. 1st
jkb = Oct. 15th
JasonM = Oct. 23rd
DLane = Nov. 1st
jleh = Nov. 3rd
Gene = Nov. 6th
(anyone above this point is officially 'out'
tmcgahey = Dec. 1st
Bill.Maupin = Jan. 1st, 2018
wx16 = Feb. 1st
rgstech = Mar. 1st
shcaine = Mar. 15th
jim_gately = Apr. 1st
Brett = June 1st
robertokc = June 15th
The contest remains open to anyone who meets the rules (below).
(1) This is a 'closest to the pin' contest. Also, in case of tie, accuracy is the tie breaker. I.e., if the announced date ends up being Aug. 31, someone who says 'Aug. 31st' wins the tie over someone who says 'last week of Aug.'
(2) Anyone with a signed agreement of any kind (i.e. an NDA or a permission for photographs) with Rachio, or with a Rachio owned company, or with a supplier to Rachio, is not eligible, regardless of anything. Likewise, anyone who's a Rachio employee, or has a relationship to a Rachio employee, is not eligible.
(3) No 'Ebay bidding.' Let's use 2 weeks as minimum time between date of one's contest entry and 'guess' date.
'Fine print' items:
(1) Rachio has no involvement with this contest, other than (a) I'm using their community posting system to advertise it, and (b) I'll ask them to affirm a published or stated 'go live' date is indeed legit. The contest is simply my idea to have a little fun. Prize material is all from me - I'm donating it from my business.
(2) While this is an anonymous contest, it does assume the winner will privately disclose to me his/her name and mailing address so that I can send the winning prize. If you prefer to remain anonymous (or don't want/need the prize) just post a note here or to me privately to that effect. It will be easy to find a local charitable institution to donate the LED lamps to.
Lastly, hope everyone today has a glorious Thanksgiving Day!