Total watering time

In my watering history for today it shows that 2 zones were watered…3 cycles of 6 minutes for each zone…by my math that would be 36 minutes of watering time. Why does Rachio say 86 minutes?

Today at 4:06 AM
Watered Front right side for 6 minutes cycle 1 of 3
Today at 4:13 AM
Watered Back yard for 6 minutes cycle 1 of 3
Today at 4:43 AM
Watered Front right side for 6 minutes cycle 2 of 3
Today at 4:50 AM
Watered Back yard for 6 minutes cycle 2 of 3
Today at 5:20 AM
Watered Front right side for 6 minutes cycle 3 of 3
Today at 5:27 AM
Watered Back yard for 6 minutes cycle 3 of 3

Today at 5:27 AM
Completed Water all zones for 86 minutes with 3 cycles

Also wonder why the message says “Completed Water all zones” when really on two of the zones were run?

Kind of new at this, so maybe something is setup wrong?

Did you have cycle soaks in between? So the system wasn’t running but letting things soak?

What schedule are you using? Flex daily?

It is a Flex Daily schedule.
There are soaks in between:

Today at 4:36 AM
Cycled duration of 23 minutes
Today at 5:13 AM
Cycled duration of 23 minutes

So if that time is included that would be 46min + 36min = 82min. Much closer to the 86min that it is reporting, but why the difference?

Thanks!

beats me on that one…

Not all zones within a flex schedule will run if they don’t need the water… only the zones that are needing the water

Re the “Completed Water all zones” message, “Water all zones” is the default name for the schedule. I changed the name of my Flex sched to “Master Flex” and at least the log messages are a bit less confusing.

Steve.

2 Likes

Ok, that makes sense…thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I think I was confused by the naming of the schedule…makes a little more sense now, except for the difference in the total run times.

My guess is that there is some rounding/truncation going on such that the fractional parts add up to a few more minutes. Example: 6.5 * 6 + 23.5 * 2 = 86 minutes. I could be wrong, though.

1 Like

@ldslaron Is right on point, our rounding convention is inconsistent. This is something we are working on to standardize so we don’t run into this confusion in the future!

1 Like