Switched internet providers trying to update new password

Just changed internet providers (Spectrum to AT&T Fiber) and am unable to update new Wifi password. Followed the online instructions “how do I update Wi-Fi on my controller? (Rachio 3)” but to no avail. Specifically, in the app, I was unable to select “update Wifi Network” under controller settings.

I have a new Rachio Gen 3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can you explain this more?

:cheers:

Sure… I switched internet providers yesterday. I searched in the Rachio App help center on how to update new passwords and located the video and instructions on “New wifi network or equipment? reset the wifi on your Rachio 3!”

While in app, I went to - more - controller settings - update wi-fi network, but it doesn’t do anything. I don’t get any further instructions. It does not advance to the next screen.

@TonyT

Interesting. What model of iPhone do you have and version of iOS software?

It doesn’t say “Finding your device…”? after hitting next? Do you get to the screen with Update WiFi instructions?

Maybe also try killing/closing the app and re-opening?

I have an iPhone 7 running version 11.3.1.

No… I see the update wifi network, but I can press it. Nothing happens. I don’t get any follow up instructions.

Going to try re-starting app…

Franz, you hit the nail on the head. Restarted app and it allowed me to go to the next screen on update wifi network. Walked through the steps and am back online!

Thank you very much!

I can hear the IT guys from work yelling at me now… re-start your computer! Well must be the same for the app, haha.

Thanks again.

Have a great night!

1 Like

Lol, it was strange since we hadn’t heard of this before. Next thing to try would have been cap locks :wink: