Hi everyone, I am guilty as charged as well...thanks to the excellent advice of great members on this forum I over time found my work-arounds for known issues. It might just be me, but my enthusiasm for digging into more topics has to do with the looming V3. On quite many occasions, we were either told that this would be addressed in the next version, or I assumed that this would be taken care of. I signed up for beta testing, but never heard back if that is being considered or not. So it is a bit wait and see for me.
And, probably most importantly: My set up works now quite flawlessly this season (after having to play with the parameters last year to break it in). I am very happy with it, and that probably also lowers my frequency of visits to the site out of necessity.
Rather than just bringing more of the same questions I could see the following to help:
- the rachio team could prompt us for opinions and comments about existing and new features, priorities anomalities etc. I liked eg the way @mckynzee once turned my request for streamlining the time zone issues into a poll. Thought that was engaging.
- communicate what has changed in the background (i.e. invisible to the user), and check in with us for related observations or unintended consequences.
- improve the tagging of solved issues, so that we all find existing answers more quickly, especially for new members. This could reduce the redundancy of the topics raised.
- rachio becoming more proactive about communicating what we can realistically expect on what timeline (but not investor pitch). I feel like being kept in suspense for too long, and would prefer to know that I need to live with what I have for this season. Maybe a list of rachio's priorities we could once a month give rating/feedback?
- enable some form of regional grouping of users, as we might have similar issues (eg restrictions) and climatic conditions. Located in NC I only know of @Linn in the same state, and we clearly have more commonalities in climate and soil related topics. So I read his/her contributions.
If talking with enthusiasm to new prospective users, I always emphasize the forum and the knowledge base as one of the reasons to get the controller. No one else has created such a user bond. Plus the results in my backyard are great with less water than last season and despite less rain! Love it!