Manage device through web interface?

Ok, a few bits’o’feedback™.

Image1 - Like JeremySchultz, I’ve got 2 runs on Sunday. Unlike him, I’ve got one schedule.

However, this is a nice easy issue - it’s not really two runs - it’s one run that was cancelled by the weather alert, which was over-ridden by me.

Incidentally, the dark grey bars which should read 0, actually read 1.

Also, and this is a bit of a larger issue, the run times are wrong. The July 13 and 15 blue bars are both 120 minutes. The July 13 grey bar is 144.

The scheduled run time is actually 126 minutes in total, which, with cycle and soak, is 144 minutes - which is what displays on the mobile app.

So, the display time for a cancelled then overridden schedule is correct (though incorrectly shown as grey), the display time for a normal schedule is blue, but doesn’t include soak time - nor does it include the last zone, for a total time of 126 minutes, if it were correct.

Minor stuff, and easily fixable, especially as you’ve already said the bar graph isn’t the best.

Image 2.

The problem here is that none of these times match the scheduled run times. The large pie sections are 18,21,21,28,28 minutes respectively. The little one is 4. For 6 zones. I’ve only got 5 configured. The 18 minutes is a spurious, un-named zone.

All the other zones are short on time (each should be 30 minutes, except the little one, which should be 6).

Clearly, the random zone has ‘appropriated’ time from the other zones.

I suspect this is down to the way it reports up to the cloud - it ran for the right amount of time, but my wireless router is acting up at the moment, and from the history, is going up and down like a yo-yo. During the periods it is down, I think the zone time isn’t being sent/interpreted correctly.

Image 3.

I’m liking the way it appears to be running 2 zones at the same time :slight_smile:

Again, I suspect this is down to the wireless lan being down at that point - which would also account for the gap at 7.15p.m.

Image 4.

This is on a 30" monitor at its native resolution of 2560*1600. I get to see 4(!) entried in the history. I tried on my (15"?) work laptop; I get to see 2.

I’ve cropped the screenshot, but at the right, there aren’t any scroll bars, so I can’t even drag it down to go through all the wireless dropouts.

Nor does page down work!

This was quite a pain when checking the correlation between the wireless activity and the stats issues, it’ll be a pain for people with complex schedules to see what actually ran.

Can we take the font down (throughout the app) a few sizes, please?

Image 5.

Can we have the controls the same as the phone app, please? I made a guess that the left and right arrows were to cycle through the zones, but consistency would be nice.

Also, what’s with the little scroll bar to the right of the zone name? Serves no purpose.

Image 6.

Nah, I’m kidding, that’s it from me :slight_smile:

Mostly wireless inter-operability issues, with a couple of formatting problems and a couple of oddities in the reporting thrown in, nothing serious.

Oh - and I didn’t think the way that selecting sprinklers is more of a ‘enter sprinkler mode switch on/off’, rather than a different page, was consistent with the feel of the rest of the app.

That’s it, honest.

I like it.

@jeremyshultz‌ I wan’t able to make subgroups, but I did create a new category. Let’s see if this works for a while:

http://www.community.rach.io/categories/web-application

@jimmyjimjim‌ Thank you for all of this info and feedback. We’ll take it and run with it.

One note, you mentioned that you would like to have the webapp and the smartphone app be consistent. We would agree with you in the long run. In the short term, do you think it would be acceptable to test out some new UI features, like the zone controller, on the web app where we can iterate fairly quickly?

Chris,

I think that is the way to go. What better way to ask the customers on the changes on the fly so to speak in a useable manner through the webpage with little effort. I’m patiently waiting to give feedback once my new controller arrives in this next batch.

Thanks

@chris‌ Absolutely, bring out the features, don’t worry about it being 100%. I just figure that If I happen to have the time and inclination, I’ll point out things I happen to notice.

@‌Chris EXCELLENT! makes much more sense to test out UI features on the web app since changes can be more responsive to feedback vice having to have your IOS app under review and in a waiting period. Great use of customer feedback as well…LOVE the engagement of you and your company!