Manage device through web interface?

Any updates ?

I think they forgot to update us today :frowning:

@jeremyshultz‌, @mwhaley99‌ and @jimmyjimjim‌ and more. Ok, we got everything working today. Here is the url to the app: https://app.rach.io

So, this is super beta, but we wanted to get it out to people watching this thread. Please note it has only been tested on Chrome, Safari and Firefox. While it is responsive at this point (can be viewed on a mobile browser) it is not optimized for it quite yet.

Also, we stared with history and analytics first, and a super simple controller. These will be improved over the next couple of weeks as we continue to iterate on this.

We will add scheduling last, as that can be done through the smart phone currently, and we want to use the larger desktop/laptop screen real estate to work with graphing.

Again, please keep in mind that this is early, but wanted to get you all going on it.

Cool, thanks, great start!

Sweet! Thank you! I hope you optimize it soon for an iphone and maybe add an ipad app instead of using the iphone app on the ipad. Thanks again!!

@chris What do the grey and blue bars mean in the bar chart?

Also can you add a post about the analytics you are definitely going to add and an eta for each? That way we know what to suggest if we have any ideas.

Perhaps we should start a web app or catagory? So we can have subgroups for feature requests, support, etc. maybe add my questions above to the new section or I can copy/paste them.

@jeremyshultz‌ Blue bars are for watering and grey bars means there was a rain delay.

I’ll add a new post tomorrow with your questions as well.

@chris so how do I interpret the attached screenshot for the July 11th date that is shown? Just wanted to be clear.

Sounds good - any way to make a new category do you can have one for the Web App and one for Mobile app and subgroups under them? The posts are adding up and it may help keeping it organized. Just trying to help!

Thanks again for the nice start. I really appreciate all the work you guys are doing!

@jeremyshultz‌ Yep, I’ll make new categories. Great idea!

Interesting. Do you have two schedules that run on that day?

@chris Ah that’s what it is. The schedules. Thanks! Sometimes there is a third schedule. So I’m wondering what happens then?

@jeremyshultz‌ Depends. It may skip all, none or some given the timeframe. This particular chart will become more readable soon as we’re switching over to another visualization tool. The bar chart isn’t the best view for this.

Ok the beta asks for my username and password i dont have a unit yet but was hoping to peek at the beta. haha. is there a way for me to peek at the beta web app or do i have to wait until i have my new unit installed?

Unfortunately, you’ll need a unit at this time. Eventually we would like to make the web app more readily available for those that don’t have a unit, but at this time, all of the data that backs the app, would come from your device; so there really wouldn’t be anything to display until you have it.

ops found the link

Chis,
I just bought the Rachio Iro, and was about to install the iphone app. then realized that it requires my iphone to be upgraded to 7.1, which I don’t want to.

Can I set up and control my Iro controller using the web link? thanks

We are working on a rich web application. However, even after the web application is released, you will still need to use one of our mobile apps to connect your Iro to a WiFi network. Once the device is connected to a network you can use one of our mobile apps or the Wink app to control it. The Wink app only supports a limited number of features at this time.

so I only need iphone app to connect Iro to my WiFi. after connected, I can use web app or other (different) phones to control?

I am think of borrowing my friend’s iphone (which has ios 7.1) to connect Iro to my Wifi. then use the web app to configure and control it. would this work?

The web app is still under development. However, you can login using the iOS or Android app. You can also use the Wink app, but it does not support all of the functionality of the Rachio app.

as mentioned, I can’t install iphone app since I don’t want to upgrade to ios 7.1. I just want to borrow a friend’s iphone to connect Iro to the Wifi. and then use the web app to configure and control when the web app is available.

@norman‌ We don’t recommend not having one of our native apps at this time. I’m sorry we don’t support less than 7.1 at this point. We’d hate to lose you, but I understand your predicament. Let me know how I can be of help.

As @mateo_rachio‌ mentioned, we will have other ways to control it out in the not too distant future, but it will hinder your experience with the device right now.

Apologies for the inconvenience and, again, please let me know how we can help.

Chris