Installation: Figuring Out the Wires?

@Roy - the valves @Gene mentioned will work. I’d put a union between the valves and the pipes so that one can unscrew the connection instead of cutting it out if necessary. I’d also dig up around indexing valve as one might find a rat’s nest of piping and joints there. If so, then this situation can be used to straighten up any runs with multiple elbows/turns. I can’t tell for sure the size of the piping coming out of the pump or the indexing valve. I think most of the residential irrigation systems are 1" or 3/4" valves. There may be a size marking in the pipe - look at the bar code coupling coming from the pump and see if there is a number or description under it that can be looked up on-line to determine the size. Similarly, on the valve (with the red handle) there may be markings as to what size pipe it is. I’d check one of the outlet pipes from the indexing valve as their size could be different than the inlet pipe size.

It doesn’t have to be straight, depends on how much design effort you want to put into it.

true but the hard part is the rats nestthat could exist under the indexing valve DLane mentioned.
i was thinking of maybe doing 45s and creating a circle, but that would be interesting(to say the least) to get it piped to the zones. @DLane what union do you suggest?

crazy thought/idea.
would it be crazy/dumb to use inline valves attached to the current pipes coming out of the ground (right where they go into the index valve so the inline valves would stick out of the ground). and just replace the index valve with a 6 way splitter of some sort? 6waysmall (1)

i read another article on here where they left the indexing valve and just put the inline valve on the pipes going into the ground…but there was major water hammering and he ended up getting rid of the index valve.

Another dumb question.
Are there any valves that are not anti siphon? Do I need the antisiphon since I’m doing well and it’s not tied into my house water?

@Roy - here are the two pieces needed for a union:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/1-in-or-3-4-in-Slip-PVC-Manifold-Transition-Adapter-57191/202206768

Here is a non-siphon manifold (get a 3 and 2 valve set and put together to get the needed 5 zones - also one could just put the box on the ground):

Here is another option, but I don’t know if the plastic is UV stabalized for above ground use:

Ty the reviews on thay orbit manifold don’t sound too good.
I saw these rain bird valves
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bird-1-in-In-Line-Irrigation-Valve-CP100/100197371

But there’s also these with flow control. What is the difference between these 2?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rain-Bird-3-4-in-In-Line-Sprinkler-Valve-with-Flow-Control-CPF075/100074842

@Roy - “Equipped with the additional advantage of adjustable flow control, this model helps prevent wasteful misting when water pressure is too high. A top mounted, easy turn flow control knob allows you to optimize flow to the zone, permitting sprinklers to water at their most efficient rate for more uniform coverage.”

The Rain Bird valves should work, again I just don’t if they’re rated for UV exposure. Therefore, I’d put them in a valve box with a cover, even if pipes are installed on the ground surface.