I just completed gathering CF per minute per zone and converting and inputting as custom nozzles. It took me 2.5 hours total. About 45 to run the sprinklers for 2 minutes per zone (16 zones) and write down the before and after meter measurements. About an hour to build the spreadsheet and double check the calculations. About 30 minutes to input into the web UX.
I had walked and wrote some best-guesses on square feet per zone prior and I decided they probably weren't accurate so I reset all zones to 1000.
If I'm using 1000 and calculating PR based on actual GPM measured at the meter, how important is an accurate square foot measurement for the zone?
I entered the nozzle type wrong when making custom nozzles a couple times - wasn't sure if this mattered so created a duplicate and fixed the nozzle type. I also got off by a line in my spreadsheet so entered the wrong PR into the wrong custom nozzle. This sucked and I'm still not sure I got it all correct.
Why can't we delete custom nozzles in web or mobile UI?
Also, when creating a custom nozzle in the web UI after you are done it doesn't apply that nozzle to the Zone - I think it is safe to assume when I have the Zone open I want to apply it there. It would remove a step for customers to presume this in code.
Sorting seems random in the dropdown with fixed zones and custom nozzles intermixed and not even alphabetized. Please alphabetize or sort in a better way (you probably want the OOB nozzles to reamain at the top).
Here is a clip from the spreadsheet - hopefully the PRs are right and I applied them correctly to my zones.
I ran out of time to test a zone again at the meter and see what the app says for gallons of water yet - so I'm not sure how accurate it is.
Overall, I think having a field in the Zone that says "CF per minute" would save lots of time and be less error prone (if it indeed removes the necessity of the square footage measurement and the PR calculations).
I've still haven't run the Rachio Iro Flex Schedule on my lawn yet - because I'm at sky-high pricing still until 8/1. I also wanted to calculate how much the Flex Schedule will cost me. My spreadsheet gives me an ability to do that now since I can view the Flex schedule and see the minutes in each Zone it intends to do (even with the Iro in standby).
BTW, the neighbors still think it is crazy-cool that I'm standing outside in my yard with my phone and firing up sprinkler zones.