Additional Flow Sensor Support Flowmec QS200

@edfetzer
I would hope so too … not even the custom setup just add all the sizes for the QS100 and QS200 sensors. All the info is in this thread but it’s a bit of a blackhole. I find it strange since they ( Rachio ) are usually very responsive to requests. @franz I can’t imagine that adding another ~6 entries to supported meters is that hard to implement ?

I have a number of stations running 50mm rural poly with hunter gear sprinklers watering a large area of lawn. I have installed a Flowmec QS200-20 but there is no way to select this in the menu. @franz can this please be added and pushed out as an update using the K factors @ronjonp has included in the post above?
Thanks

@DownSouth

Maybe if I post them again this will get updated. It’s really sad that this has been ignored for years now. :expressionless:

QS200-15
K = 0.7926

QS200-20
K = 1.3765

QS200-30
K = 3.8444

QS200-40
K = 7.1676

All have an offset of 0.

Bumping this again. Hopefully this is a relatively simple and quick fix @franz to add the support for additional Flowmec models with the settings @ronjonp has listed in this post.

I have paid good money for the Flowmec QS200-20 and it is unusable in Rachio at the moment. Appreciate if this could be looked at and possibly included in the next release.
Thanks

@ronjonp @DownSouth Christmas early this year, the settings are now available for these flow meters.

Thanks for the feedback and have a great week!

:cheers:

Love your work @franz !!
Thanks @ronjonp for the collaboration and in helping getting this feature added. Just made the changes in my app and it works a treat!

@franz Thanks for updating this! :beers:

Any chance since we have your attention that you could add the QS100 sensors too? They are a bit cheaper than the QS200 and have been asked for a couple of times in this thread.

Ha, I should have read the whole thread. Yeah Ill have the team add these today and let you know when its out.

What are the model #s on those two?

QS-100-40
QS-100-80

?

@franz
Oops … it’s only available in 1" size. The model is most likely just QS100.

QS100-40 and QS100-80 seem like logical entries for the offsets.

Thanks for looking at this! :beers:

:+1:

Also … just a nitpicky thing because my OCD is fierce today :joy: … the new QS200’s in the list aren’t grouped with the 1" QS200-10. Not critical but thought I’d mention it.

Im the same way, ill have the team fix that!

I do not know how often something gets added nor what data besides name really gets entered. Probably not that hard to add more and spinning the release is probably more work. Would it be helpful to have a custom flow sensor that one can put the brand, model, and whatever data?

Yeah that would be a nice option. We haven’t built the model to be extensible (yet?), and then there would probably be more support issues around bad data, etc.

The idea is great though, Ill throw it at the team.

Thanks @Thomas_Lerman !

Very true about entering bad data. Obviously, it could get someone working if they know what they are doing. Possibly querying the database on your end could show what everyone is using for custom to be able to add into the app at some point. I do not have a flow meter, but I do keep thinking about it.

1 Like

This has been released, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

@Thomas_Lerman

I requested a custom K and offset support a couple of years ago. That option is standard in commercial controllers ( Baseline \ Calsense \ Rain Bird \ Hunter \ Toro etc… ).

Thanks for getting it set up! :beers: :beers:

@franz Can you add support for a brass or bronze flow sensor? We are installing this in a church basement and need to avoid PVC. We found this Badger which looks like it would work. 250BR0705-1211