Additional Flow Sensor Support Flowmec QS200

@franz

These ultrasonic flow sensors are designed to replace traditional paddle style sensors like the ones already supported by Rachio.

Could this be added to the list as well? They are not the cheapest sensor but for those who need to get better resolution on low flows these definitely are a step up.

*Added chart with specs and k values.

We haven’t had many requests for other sensors but I will make sure our product team (hey @mckynzee) is aware of these.

:cheers:

@franz Thanks for the reply! Hopefully it’s an easy addition … I’d like to test one of these out on my Gen 2.
:beers:

*A bit off topic, but what is the reporting interval on your controllers for flow sensing?

Don’t mean to hijack this thread, but I’m a noob when it comes to Rachio and flow meters…

When using something other than the Rachio wireless flow meter, do you get the benefit of high/low flow warnings when combined with Gen3, or is this strictly to monitor usage?

Just usage monitoring (actuals versus estimated).

1 Like

@franz I just saw this question HERE about adjusting K and offset within the controller. Is this possible? I just acquired a 1" Flomec that has an offset = 0 and K = 0.5386.

Would be cool to test out *nudge :slight_smile:

@franz Has your team thought anymore about adding a K and offset setting for flow sensors? This would be a nice addition for anyone that does not have the 3 types of flow sensors that you support.

1 Like

What is the

make
model
kfactor
offset

@franz HERE is a cut sheet from the manufacturers site that has info for 1"-4" on page 2. I also posted this chart in my initial request at the beginning of this thread.

This is what I have:

make: Flowmec
model: QS200-10 ( 1" )
kfactor: 0.5386
offset: 0

Thanks! :beers:

Ok, will roll that out today. Adding an additional meter so this was an easy addition.

@franz Awesome! Thanks! :beers:

@franz IMO to make the flow sensing a bit more vendor agnostic, adding the K and offset to the ‘custom flow sensor’ setting checks a ton of boxes you didn’t even know you needed to check. This most likely will make your controller more valuable in the commercial market.

:beers:

1 Like

And thanks again!

Here are the K factors for 1.5",2",3" & 4" if you’d like to add those as well:

QS200-15
K = 0.7926

QS200-20
K = 1.3765

QS200-30
K = 3.8444

QS200-40
K = 7.1676

All have an offset of 0.

FLOMEC has a QS100 that is a more cost-effective solution to irrigation flow sensing.

I am the Director of Meters at FLOMEC, and I would be happy to donate a QS100 and a QS200 for Rachio to test. Just let me know.
Regards,
Jim Peterson

^^ this is an excellent suggestion to allow users to enter K values and offsets. Seconded!

@franz There is a Flomec QS100 with good low-flow sensitivity. Possible to add this one?

Thank you…!

Hi,

We are getting inquires about Rachio adding our other ultrasonic sensor line sizes for our QS200 and QS100 ultrasonic flow sensors. Could the following flow sensors be added to your sensor dropdown list?

• FLOMEC QS200-15 (K-Factor = 0.7923, Offset = 0.0000)
• FLOMEC QS200-20 (K-Factor = 1.4610, Offset = 0.0000)
• Our new FLOMEC QS100-10 : (K-Factor = 0.4211, Offset = 0.0000)

@franz

Any chance you are about to update the app and could add this QS100-10 flow sensor as a selection option? This would really help me out for my installation as I have already plumbed the sensor without knowing that the Rachio app doesn’t currently semphasized textupport it.

As an alternative you could add the custom sensor input capability so users can create their own sensor with custom Kfactor and Offset values?

Flomec
QS100-10
K = 0.4211
Offset = 0

Thanks in advance!

I would not hold your breath on that one … I asked for this two years ago. :roll_eyes:

@ronjonp I was hoping this was the gentle nudge that would get it implemented. I am hoping that @franz or @mckynzee will help us all out by implementing the vendor agnostic custom sensor Kfactor and Offset values to be in the app. But I suspect this may also require controller firmware that is not implemented. So, I will take what I can get. :slight_smile: