Wont work with iPhone 11 & iOS 13.4.0

@proedgebiker

Sorry for this experience and thanks for your patience. Your older phone should work fine. We are patching firmware but unfortunately controllers in the wild that haven’t been paired yet can have this issue with the latest iPhone. Our latest mobile app should have shown that the phone was not compatible, was that not the case?

Again thanks for your patience and please let us know if ou have any other questions or feedback.

:cheers:

I tested on one of my Gen3’s and it popped up with a note about my S20…

1 Like

No, it didn’t tell us that. We literally downloaded the app, created account and went through the process. Took 2 minutes today with the older phone to get online. Wish support would have asked the device & OS question 1st, would of saved me a ton of time. However, I love your product and soon enough, you’ll have another fan once they see the savings it brings. Thanks for who ever brought this topic to the forefront.

Ok good to hear. I will follow up with our customer support team on this. Thank you for bringing to our attention!

Awesome thank you for being part of our community. Please let us know if you have other feedback or question, and have a great weekend!

:cheers:

1 Like

I see this thread died sometime in May. It’s currently July, and I just tried to set up my new Rachio3 with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. No go. Will not connect fo the Rachio3 WiFi. Pretty frustrating as I’m a previous Rachio owner, and was excited about the new v3 unit, but now can’t even use it. And all the new plants I bought for this home are going to die if I don’t come manually water them each day. If this problem really has persisted since March as this thread seems to imply, it’s not a good look for a company selling a smart device to have iOS compatibility issues.

1 Like

Because there are good workarounds. Did you run the batch file or shell script?
https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047277134-Issues-Connecting-to-New-Model-iPhone-iPad-and-Samsung-Phones-Tablets
If you had trouble with it, please post details.

Do you have a tablet or old phone to use for setup? It can be Wi-Fi only or lacking a SIM card, as long as it will power up and install the app.

If not, do you have a spouse, kid, parent, neighbor or friend with a different phone or tablet? Once connected, your Rachio 3 will auto update and you can then use the Pro Max to control it.

1 Like

OMG, you are my savior. I changed my internet provider and also I had to set up a new house network. So I had to reconfigure all of my wireless network devices and Rachio was one of them. I have all generations from 1 to 3 and I thought 3 is best for wireless connection-wise. However when I tried to reconnect, the phone app didn’t work at all. I tried several times and gave up. So deleted the device from app and reset Rachio, to see if that works. But didn’t work.
So I added another network wifi extender and tried with 2.4ghz connection, but didn’t work neither. so frustrated. The app didn’t help at all. airplane mode didn’t work neither.
So I came to this place and searched and found your comment. Just tried and Ta-Dah~~~!! It is working now!! it took few seconds. Dang…actually I tried same thing on iPhone wifi. The cellphone tried to connect, but it didn’t work. only my Mac worked.
So again, thank you so much and I really hope Rachio will post this instruction on the app until the problem is fixed 100%. If I see some more this kind of connection issue, I may not keep buying next generations and move on to something else.

I’m glad that you got it working, but why did you do it the hard way? Couldn’t you have simply logged into the new router and set the SSID (network name) and password the same as the old? Some devices may have needed a reboot, but nothing should have needed reconfiguration.

It is just me who doesn’t want to keep using same identifications with any internet or network access stuff. I do keep changing all since don’t feel safe not doing so. I’m not professional, but I see my office got hacked and some other’s too. That is why.