Wireless Rain Sensors Now Supported!

Will this Rain Bird work with a Gen1 Rachio:

I ma looking into picking this up. Tired of tucking wires after a windy day or two.And if anyone knows where it can be had for cheaper… Although I can get free shipping from Amazon with prime.

Yes I’m using it and had it on my gen 1

Are the White and Black wires in SC port?

Yea

which one is the best?

@flyfishnski I can’t speak to people’s favorites, but for more information on what types we support, check out this support article!

McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like

The Hunter Rain-Clik Wireless Rain Sensor only lists diagrams for Gen 1 and Gen 2. Will that be updated for Gen 3 since Gen 3 doesn’t have the same sensor connections? I’m not sure where to connect the wires from my sensor. It has 2 yellow power, one white, one blue, and one orange. The orange wasn’t connected with my old controller, so not worried about that one. I know the yellow will go to the 24v and the blue will go to S1, but where do I put the white one?

@Mattikatt

The team is updating that documentation for Gen 3. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

:cheers:

I have the Toro rain sensor - your wiring diagram was a lifesaver - made it easy to hookup. One tiny suggestion would be to add a label of the color of each wire - for people who have bad color perception, or print it out on a black/white laser printer. Should only take a second…

1 Like

I have recently begun working with Gen2 after the winter and with the newer iOS software I can’t find a status of the rain sensor… I used to get push notifications too when it was tripped. Sorry to be a dunce, but can anyone point to where this feature went?

@obmd1

If you navigate to the history feed you will see rain sensor activity there. We do still send push notifications if it is triggered. Very soon we will have a software release that exposes the rain sensor status on the app dashboard so it is extremely visible.

:cheers:

3 Likes