WI+ not accurate?

Got and installed the 3 last week. I have noticed that the information from WI+ hasn’t really been accurate for days in the future. For example, it currently shows rain for today and the next 2 days while 3 different sites and apps I use for weather show no rain today, rain tomorrow and no rain on the day after tomorrow. Anyone else notice some inconsistencies with WI+ compared to other weather apps and sites?

1 Like

@Negotiator

I had the team review your account and I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the icon which can be a little misleading. For your area there is a prediction of ‘Mostly Cloudy with Scattered Storms’ which will trigger that icon. The predicted precipitation actually looks very low (almost insignificant).

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

Perhaps the icon for rain should only be shown if rainfall forecasted amount is only over a certain amount? I agree that it sometimes gives me pause when I see days on end of rain icons only to carefully look and see forecasted totals of 0.00-0.05 (ie. trace) amounts each of the days. I agree that there likely is no one good answer but to me a sprinkler system’s app weather icons should indicate meaningful weather for my lawn.

We are going to re-evaluate what type of weather should show a rain icon. Feels like isolated showers shouldnt necessarily display that.

:cheers:

2 Likes

Sounds good. I would also request that you provide more detailed information when clicking on a specific day. For example, hourly forecats similar to what we get from Hourly Weather Pro app or other similar in-depth info.