Why does it water starting at 5PM?

Hi Franz - A year+ later I’m still having this problem. My sprinklers start at 5pm and end by 9pm - every cycle. Do I need to manually download an update to get the fix?

Thank you!

• Steve

Same question…

Hi, we just got a Rachio 3 and also see this happening. We selected to “End by sunrise” and the water is starting at 6pm the previous day, ending a few hours later depending on how many zones decided to run. Seems like an incredibly easy algorithm… sunrise is at X, total watering time is Y, total soak time is Z, so start at X - (Y+Z). Is this going to be fixed? Why can’t this be calculated automatically each time Rachio decides to schedule a watering event? I can’t have the watering starting at 6pm when someone might be outside sitting on the lawn… Looking forward to a quick solution to this years-old problem!

1 Like

This is still an issue. The current workaround is to put similar zones in the same flex schedule. They will then run at the same depletion frequency and you will not have the gap in scheduling. The team just hasn’t got around to prioritizing this ahead of our other big initiatives.

:cheers:

I tried splitting up zones into 3 schedules for lawns, bushes and garden. It only lets me select “End before sunrise” for one. If I try to choose that for another, I get an error. Am I misinterpreting the workaround?

You can group similar zones into one flex schedule and if they are running at the same depletion rate be guaranteed they will run on the sames days and if end before sunrise, there will be no gaps in running. It does get a little complicated if you want to support end before sunrise and additional types.

Maybe put the majority of grouped zones (similar characteristics) in the end before sunrise, then stack the other schedule start time early enough to accommodate the other schedule?

Not ideal, there will probably still be gaps, but less so than having every zone run independently.

Only an issue for flex daily schedules since they are really just containers for zones running individually.

:cheers: