When does "Rachio Offline" event fire in IFTTT?

Another piece of “evidence”:

I have my own applet set up in IFTTT using the Rachio service and the Event Registered trigger. It’s supposed to log a row to a google spreadsheet any time the Rain Sensor Activated event fires.

This applet has never run. (I set it up a couple of weeks ago.)

Today I observed an alert on the Rachio app on my phone at 2:46pm “Rain Sensor Activated.” I waited til 3:30, and my spreadsheet still didn’t have any new events logged. I went to IFTTT and ran the applet manually, and it immediately logged Rain Sensor Activated to my google sheet.

I don’t have tools to diagnose this…

1 Like

I set up a date time IFTTT applet to fire once per hour and send a cell phone alert. After 12 hours and 12 alerts I turned it off.

I set up a Rachio alert to fire once every time a schedule ended. After 12 hours and 5 schedules I got zero alerts.

I changed the above to fire every time a schedule starts. After 3 schedules I got 2 alerts.

Conclusion - IFTTT is reliable at delivering alerts to users. Rachio back end servers do not reliably deliver alerts to IFTTT. There is nothing further users or Rachio support can do about this.