Using WUnderground.com to integrate Personal Weather Stations

@rgarza28‌ , thanks for the tip! We’ll update our docs.

@rgarza28‌ @aaronrryan‌ @dbmet‌ @donandersonjr‌

Good news, Aeris is delivering PWSWeather integration fully next week!

“We are starting the roll out this evening actually.
Starting overnight/tomorrow morning the observations endpoint will utilize PWSweather stations when using filter=allstations and / or passing the PWSweather stations ID (preceeded with PWS_”)
Over the next week, observations/summary support will be added as well."

I will post when this is live and used in our system!

cool, thanks for update!

I got my PWS up and running on weather underground, PWSWeather and CWOP. I should be covered.

@rgarza28‌ When you select PWS on the Iro settings screen it should find yours, if not let us know!

is that on the phone app or the webpage?

@rgarza28‌ It’s a setting on the mobile app, I know it takes a few days for CWOP to show up…

@franz‌ I see the setting on the webpage but not the iphone app (v1.7.0). On the webpage it finds one that is 6.5 miles away (MID_C3617). I/ve been broadcasting for the last 4-5 days now. PWSweather station ID KTXMISSI

@rgarza28‌ I will follow up with Aeris, they told me they were turning on PWSWeather this week, will let you know where they are at. Attached is a screenshot showing PWS feature on mobile. Thanks, and I’ll be following up!

@franz Oh that screen. Yes I have it enabled and it reports station: MID_C3617 6.5 miles away. It fluctuates with another station that is closer MID_C3172 at 4.5 miles.

@rgarza28‌ I finally got the latest update from Aeris. It looks like their official support for pwsweather stations is going live tomorrow. I’m curious to see if the pwsweather stations start showing up, they should!

This is directly from Aeris:

"I can confirm this is finally going live tomorrow (Thursday Nov 19) with our general API Update. The new features will included per your general usage.

ADD - observations - support for pwsweather stations. either by using “filter=allstations” or “filter=pws”.
ADD - observations - query latest ob for pwsweather station by preceeding the PWSweather ID with "PWS_"
ADD - observations/summary - support for pwsweather stations. either by using “filter=allstations” or “filter=pws”.
ADD - observations/summary - query latest ob for pwsweather station by preceeding the PWSweather ID with “PWS_”

MOD - observations - If station has ever reported precip, then precip1hr will default to 0 instead of null, if not provided (due to no precip)

MOD - observations/summary - If station has ever reported precip, then precip.totalMM / IN will default to 0 instead of null, if not provided (due to no precip)

ADD - observations - new “hasprecip” filter. If you want to only search stations that provide precip

ADD - observations/summary - new “hasprecip” filter. If you want to only search stations that provide precip

There are several other additions and improvements to other API endpoints as well."

@franz does this mean that I need to rename my station to include the “PWS_” prefix? Mine is listed as KTXMISSI7. Currently, my units are reporting MID_E6141 @ 3.5 miles

@rgarza28‌ No, that is only for the API call. As far as I can tell it should show up after they release their software today. Hopefully in the next day or so it will appear. If not I will follow up with Aeris. I am also going to purchase a PWS and get it setup.

@franz‌ Ah ok. I’ll keep an eye out for it and post anything that I find.

Thanks for the great support!

@rgarza28‌ A note from Aeris:

Franz,

We have pushed Aeris API V1.3.5 to production. Change log:
http://www.hamweather.com/support/documentation/aeris/history/

A couple notes:

• Due to an issue the PWSweather data is only available for today & going further. Next week the team will start re-importing the previous archive. Specifically, we found an issue with the previous import and decided we would make support available now & import the previous archives (going back to 2001) starting next week

Due to the wide variety of stations supported, there may be a few bugs / QC issues. If you notice any oddities please let us know so the team can review.

@rgarza28‌ I am starting to see PWS stations come through like this PWS_KPROCOLO :slight_smile:

@franz‌ Yes I see what could be mine called PWS_KTXMISSI. Not sure if that is mine or not since there are several of that name but with a number affixed to the end. Mine is KTXMISSI7. PWS_KTXMISSI is also listed at Distance of 3.5 miles.

Checking the Settings in the Web Version of the application physically shows the correct location but with a distance of 3.45 miles.

@rgarza28‌ That’s strange, I’m pretty sure that has to be yours. Can you check the coordinates here with the coordinates that the Iro is at? (device settings --> tap on the Iro name/zipcode). Curious to see how close they are, my geodistance calculation could be off :slight_smile:

Mine is working… Very nice…

@dbmet‌ Awesome!