Using Rachio as a Splash Pad Controller

I would like to setup Rachio to both water my lawn and as a Splash Pad Controller. The Splash Pad would include 4 zones which I would like to run in sequence for 1 minute each and then repeat until I manually shut it off.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Don’t think this is possible natively. You could run each of the zones for a minute but it would only be one run, then you’d have to go in and initiate the run again. There might some recipes you could use through ifttt to do this but I don’t have much experience with them.

2 Likes

@danialparker You have a splash pad?! You must be the coolest house in the neighborhood :sunglasses:

Like @JPedrego said, there wouldn’t be a way to do this in the app. I am looking into IFTTT right now to see if I can come up with something creative…

McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like

Thanks!!! You guys are the best.

@danialparker

Pictures?#$% That sounds so cool.

:cheers:

I’m not sure if you are a software developer or have access to a friendly neighborhood software developer, but it looks like that would be a fairly trivial project to build. You could have a simple program run on your computer that makes calls to the Rachio Public API.

Given how cool your project sounds, I imagine someone would love to help out :slight_smile:

Documentation here: https://rachio.readme.io

3 Likes

@markdavey Had the same thought this morning as I watched my attempted combination of IFTTT triggers fail :joy: Still trying to jimmy-rig something for you @danialparker but an API program would probably be the most graceful option!

Creating an API is way above my comprehension and capabilities and I think I’m too old to learn how. :older_man: