Two zones configured the same, but getting different water times

I’ve got 2 zones surrounding my house, left and right. Since I live in Texas with crappy soil, watering evenly is important.

However, although both zones are configured EXACTLY the same (advanced parameters checked as well), one gets one more minute of watering than the other, which makes that region have just a little bit more moisture. Over time, that difference might end up having one side watered one day, but not the other, which is exactly what I want to avoid.

Also, they are both part of the same Flex Daily Schedule. And if I look at the Watering Times, they both show the same amount of minutes. But when I look at the history of each zone, I do see that one zone gets one minute more than the other.

I tried doing a fresh start on both zones by setting their moisture level to either full or empty, but later on I still see the same discrepancy.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have water hammering enabled. I had it enabled from the beginning (2017) just thinking it was better to enable it than not, not necessarily because I had an issue. How did you solve the issue yourself, disabling it? The other option might be manually reducing the watering time for the zone which normally gets a little more because of this.

From your response, I looked up a little more and it seems you’re not the only one: Uneven flex watering - #15 by mjosephi

Yes, this is due to the water hammer feature. Schedule will show the scheduled times, and history will show actual times which account for the extra overlap of the water hammer, rounded up to the nearest minute. Actual event doesn’t add more than 10 additional seconds to the run, so does nothing to really change your watering.