The Fiction of Soil Moisture

Hmmm…If Rachio is telling you it is watering, and isn’t…makes me concerned for a wiring or valve issue. Is it just one zone you are noticing this on, and have you confirmed that this zone gets water?

It gets water, yes. Though it now says it was watered on 8/8 (it was not) and the next scheduled watering will be 8/16.

Well, if it didn’t water on the 8th as it thought it did, might need to do some troubleshooting on that zone. Can you run a manual cycle (thru the app) for that zone to see if it waters?

![UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2b23|231x500]
Screenshots of my 7 zones -
(upload://pW6OSx3qydTDFayA74XmZHfMnxi.jpeg)

Ah yes - the various nozzle types. I have many in my yard, often across zones, due to the landscape being modified numerous times over the years. “Back yard (Sophie)” for instance, has a patch of lawn (rainbird popups) a row of Italian Cypress (bubblers) and a cluster of succulent pots (drip line from a replaced bubbler riser. I have set the zone for the grass, as that is my only real visual clue. It doesn’t seem to flood anything else, nor are they dying.

It’s running now for 5 minutes.

Oh wow, that is a lot of different plant types and distribution methods on one zone! Well, that certainly complicates things a little. You are playing it right…while not ideal, you need to play to the weakest of the bunch, in this case the grass. The plants won’t be watered in the most efficient manner, but you’ll keep them alive…

Are all the zones like this, a mixture of plant types and nozzles/emitters?

Four are, yes. Three are pretty consistent.