Take recent rainfall into account for future schedule

It rained over 2" yesterday, and my unit was smart enough not to run the schedule yesterday because of the forecast, but then ran today as normal on a water logged lawn. How about automatically executing the rain delay based upon recent rainfall? Ideally, a lawn should only needs 1" of water a week and it’s better to water it deeper and less frequently. With the 2"+ of rain, I don’t need to water for at least 5 or 6 days depending upon what the temp does.

@donandersonjr‌ We found a minor defect in weather intelligence that was an edge case and might have precluded your rain delay from detecting the previous rain, this has been fixed. We are working on redesigning our weather intelligence and water budgeting algorithms to take a much more holistic approach utilizing more accurate weather data, real time evapotranspiration, etc. This is one of our number one priorities. Please let us know if you have any more feedback or questions! Thanks.

Thanks. How far out before it is released?

@donandersonjr‌ We hope to have most of the modifications finished in the next 2-3 weeks.

Hi @donandersonjr-
I’m currently going through product suggestions, and wanted to let you know (if you didn’t know already) that this feature has been added. For more information on how your schedules adjust based on moisture levels, check out this article! I will be locking this topic, if you have any questions about it please feel free to PM me.
Thanks for the input- happy posting!

McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like