Sprinklers ran manually on their own

I am having this issue on a Rachio 3 12 zone unit. FW 5-632.

Any recommendations on a solution?

No integrations with any other apps, no indication of a zone running. The zone that turns on randomly is one of 2 and turns off when I manually start a different zone. It even happened when unplugged ~16 hours.

Read through this thread. When you have a zone running on its own like this, it is almost always a failed or failing valve. You need to tear the valve apart and inspect the solenoid and diaphragm, and most likely replace those parts.

1 Like

Mechanical failure doesn’t fully explain what I’m seeing either.

Based on your post here, it sure does to me…you say it happened when Rachio was unplugged. Therefor, there is zero chance of Rachio signaling the run.

1 Like

Can you please run the same update on my system? My backyard zone has spontaneously run twice this week. Shuts itself off eventually but this is a problem for us.

I have the F56BCA for a few years running perfectly. But yesterday, out of the blue, 3 of my sprinklers in one zone started without a schedule at around 3:50 PM. This zone has 8 sprinkler heads but only 3 were running.
I tried turning the zone manual override - no help., tried to turn the system manual on for minute - it would turn on all the 8 sprinkler heads but after a minute, it would go back to the 3 that kept running.
I tried shut it off - no help. Finally, turned the irrigation water valve off.
My worry is if I am out of town, its gonna flood my yard.
Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
Thanks

@achitkara - possibly check out the valve for that zone, you may need to replace the diaphragm/rebuild the valve.

Are the three heads that were running closest to the valve? Were the three heads that were running, spraying a their normal full volume or a reduced volume?

Continuing on with the questions, or are the working heads downhill from all the others?

Similar issue to what everyone is reporting in this thread, except that zones are shutting off and not continuing to run. It’s the times that have gotten weird. I have a Regular schedule that is set to finish before dawn and it typically comes on at 2:00 am and runs through all 9 zones with a soak pause. This week it has suddenly started running a partial run of some of the zones in the early hours and then finishing the remaining zones on the schedule at 3:00 pm.

Is this normal behavior? It’s a new system installed this spring, so I only have a couple of months experience with it, but this is the first time it has split the zones on the same schedule into different times approximately 12 hours apart.