Sprinklers came on after huge rain storm yesterday

what does the system check for at 1hr before: that it’s raining right now or that rain is still being forecast? Logically, it should check if there if rain is expected within 24 hours and if so, then skip.

I’m not sure, but I think that any “end by” schedule is going to have the same problem as “end by sunrise”. I have mine set with a set start time instead.

I believe it’s that if rain is expected, and how much rain is expected. If you’re not going to get enough from the prediction, it will still water.

1 Like

It checks for both. If forecasted rain is above the threshold set for the controller, it will adjust accordingly, if forecast is only for .25" and you have the threshold set at .3", it will still water. Same for actual rainfall totals.

Does this apply to Flex Daily as well? I thought I read somewhere recently that the rain skip threshold is only used with fixed schedules.

EDITED: actual it was right here in this thread a few messages up :smiley:

Anyway, @DRP6833 , could you post moisture charts and table for the zone that ran at 4:22 AM? Then we can do better than just guessing.

Threshold still applies for flex daily, it just doesn’t really “skip” a watering in the traditional sense.

I can do that tomorrow.

Get TypeApp for Android

Here are the moisture chart and the moisture graph, along with the history log for this period. Also attached is a graph of the rainfall event from my weather station. BTW the weather station is mine, as in, in my back yard. I don’t think this storm was predicted, it just bloomed up. (For those of you who don’t live along the front range of CO, that’s not unusual. :slightly_smiling_face:)

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I think it was all in the timing of this storm. At 2:30 AM when Rachio would have checked, there was no predicted or measured rain at my location.

Rainfall

I’ve not had an issue using a set end time.

So it looks like the zone ran because the rain didn’t take moisture balance high enough. In fact rain+sprinklers took moisture balance to just about 100%. You didn’t post the chart for the last week, but I bet that without rain, your zone is being watered mostly every other day (a zig-zag chart with a slight upward trend until the peak gets high enough to full so that it takes 2 days to come back down close to the AD level; i have the same pattern and for the world of me still don’t understand why every watering doesn’t take the chart back to field capacity). This week because of the rain, 8/19’s watering got pushed to 8/20, and then there will be no sprinklers running on 8/22. All in all, you got the water savings, only they are not as obvious as “rain->no sprinklers”.

Correct, my zones run about every two or three days. This zone is showing it will run again on the 23rd.