Split schedule times

Hi, I spent an interesting couple of hours with a university outreach chap this afternoon who went over our zones/schedules etc.

One thing that he was quite keen on was the idea that if we decide to water a zone for x minutes the watering should be split into 2 or 3 separate “segments”. That makes a lot of sense, it would allow the water that we use to soak the soil, and avoid run off. Always a struggle here !

I can do what he suggests by creating multiple identical schedules, but what I would really like is to create one schedule which the rachio software would manage (flexible adjustments etc.), but have an option that said "split this schedule in 2 or 3 (or whatever).

I woud definitely used a feature like that, and it may be that the scheduler allows me to do this already but I can’t find it. . .

Thanks.
Richard

1 Like

@Ethelthe - as Prego says “its in there”. Rachio can do a Smart Cycle which will let the water soak in for at least 30 minutes. See -> http://support.rachio.com/article/283-smart-cycle-overview

Make sure the soil type is right. One can increase the slope to decrease the amount of water put down in one run.

Also, make sure there are no drips on the same schedule as sprinklers as that will prevent Smart Cycle from running. So if there are drip zones in the system, create a separate schedule for them.

5 Likes

Excellent, thank you very much !

1 Like