South Carolina Monthly Flex Schedule

Howdy all,

New homeowner here. We recently had three irrigation zones installed.

Zone 1) Front yard w/ rotor heads
Zone 2) Rear yard w/ rotor heads
Zone 3) perimeter bushes w/ drip line

I admittedly don’t know enough about caring for a lawn yet to use Daily Flex so I went with Monthly Flex. After setting up the zones, the monthly flex schedule determined one day a week would be sufficient. It is going to run the zones as follows:

Zone 1) 44 minutes
Zone 2) 20 minutes
Zone 3) 30 minutes

I guarantee the Rachio is a lot smarter than me when it comes to this stuff but I just wanted to check with you all to make sure that sounds right for October in South Carolina.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for such a user-friendly product.

One day a week during October in South Carolina sounds reasonable. Monitor the landscape and weather. Right now I have my Rachio on standby mode because we have had a lot of rain in Oklahoma City. Have you tried using the advanced scheduling (soil type, slope, sun exposure, sprinkler type, etc) for the spray zones?

Thank you for your reply.

I did use the advanced settings to the best of my ability but I have no problem admitting this is my first home with a yard. A lot of these variables are foreign to me right now but I’m trying to learn as I go. Installing 24VAC solenoids and the Rachio was a fun experience in and of itself!

Sounds like a pretty good start, @gillbell! Welcome to team Rachio!

PS- I’m a Clemson grad, and I am admittedly a little jealous you are in SC during football season :wink:

My entire family is Clemson but I’m the black sheep that went to Carolina. Life has been tough during football season the past few years!

Appreciate the kind welcome! Go Gamecocks!

Gamecock? I’m deactivating your account.

(Just kidding :wink:)